Popular Tags: [View All]
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Der Spot-Burst Ringer (character):
Once per turn, may play a BANG! card as a Gatling.

Lemat (gun):
May play any brown-bordered card as a BANG!.

Do these stack? We debated this last night. The player wanted to convert a brown-bordered card to a BANG!, and then use that to activate his character ability above. We eventually allowed it, and we also said that it did not count as his one BANG! for the turn.

When I googled this, I found several references that say Ringer (character) cannot use a Missed! card for his ability, but I can't find what the source of that is. Is this official?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, Lemat lets you use any brown-borderd card except Missed! as a BANG! once per turn. (Source: the designer benabel on this thread)

Given this limitation, I think Ringer could use the Lemat's power to use any brown-bordered card except Missed! to trigger his power. This would not count as his only BANG! permitted on his turn, but would count as his one use of the Lemat power.

Your final question -- that is in regard to the use of Lemat, right? (Because Springer needs a BANG!, not a Missed!, otherwise.) A Missed! can't be used for Lemat's power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
Just to clarify, Lemat lets you use any brown-borderd card except Missed! as a BANG! once per turn. (Source: the designer benabel on this thread)

Given this limitation, I think Ringer could use the Lemat's power to use any brown-bordered card except Missed! to trigger his power. This would not count as his only BANG! permitted on his turn, but would count as his one use of the Lemat power.

Your final question -- that is in regard to the use of Lemat, right? (Because Springer needs a BANG!, not a Missed!, otherwise.) A Missed! can't be used for Lemat's power.

Thanks, this helps. I can't translate Czech, but I will take that as corroborating the other references I found saying Missed cards can't be used with Lemat. Why did you say "one use of the Lemat's power"? I don't recall seeing that card say it could only be used once per turn. Willy the Kid could use it multiple times, right?

We also ruled that the Lemat's ability only applies if you're shooting with it. You can't use it to respond to an Indians, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny -- I can't read Czech either.

If you're using Chrome, you just right-click and select Translate to English. (If you aren't using Chrome... well, why not?)

Chrome has Martin Blazko's answer on that thread as:

"Lemat = any tab except Missed it can be used as a BANG! once per round.

Appendix specify that only once per round, as Willy Kid with 8 cards bz the shoot out how to reset."

Less than 100% clear, but still clear enough he is saying Lemat can only be used once a turn, apparently because of Willy the Kid.

It's a funky idea to me that a gun can be used for anything except firing that gun, but if we're allowing it for der Springer's power, I don't see why you couldn't use it for for Indians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was on my iPhone, not a PC, so translating was more laborious. That said, this highlights how bad the English translation of this is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My posts above are incorrect.

Emiliano Sciarra, not Martin Blazko, is the arbiter of all BANG! content, including Valley of Shadows. According to Emiliano, Willy the Kid can play any number of cards with a Lemat. See thread.

Also note: higher in that same thread, it is confirmed that, despite the loose wording of the card, you can ONLY use Lemat's power when you SHOOT the gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.