Serge Dinatale
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, what happens during the exhibit step to players who have not met the basic bone requirements for a dinosaur skeleton? Can they still score points in any category?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
During setup, players are dealt the minimum bones needs for having a basic skeleton. During the game they cannot lose bones that would prevent them from making a basic skeleton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
During the game they cannot lose bones that would prevent them from making a basic skeleton.
I can't find this in the rules. As I understand it, it is possible to donate bones in a way that no complete skeleton can be made.
We houseruled that in this case no points will be scored by that player, i.e. made it so punishing that no one will do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule can be reference on page 4, item #9. Players are not able to lose their starting bones. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
The rule can be reference on page 4, item #9. Players are not able to lose their starting bones. Hope that helps!
Thanks for pointing it out, we must have overlooked that when the question came up during play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Dinatale
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I overlooked it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.