Paths of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Introductory Scenario VP Table Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I noticed in the VP table in the player aid card it lists

Quote:
Central Powers play * Event (Introductory Scenario only) +1
Allies play * Event (Introductory Scenario only) -1

I find it odd that a game would print a scenario specific rule in a table and not point this out in the rule book. So for the intro scenario each * event will result in VP change?

I'm planning on trying out the intro scenario with my father who is not a wargamer let alone a board gamer. I'm hoping to ease him into some wargame concepts so we can play a full game of Paths of Glory some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this is correct. I think the idea is to give some incentive/reward for playing events that do not give any short term benefit in the full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the full game there is no need for this incentive, because playing events that give little or no direct benefit has the noticeable result of giving you more control by reducing the size of your deck. If you can cycle through your deck every 2 or 3 turns while it takes your opponent 4 turns, you have an easier time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.