Subject: Rethemed reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to hear people's opinions on whether or not this game is likely to see a "reprint" in a new theme/universe. I've heard that it's similar to Blood Rage, but Blood Rage is obviously not a Fantasy Fligt title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw this into the subset of purely speculative, "I remember reading this somewhere" rumors, but I remember reading somewhere that Lang was doing just that. A spiritual successor to CitOW published by FFG with a new skin. I can't back that statement up, but maybe someone more in the know than me can clarify. I'm completely in the dark on the timeline as to what sort of timeline that may be on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorious Strategist wrote:
I've heard that it's similar to Blood Rage, but Blood Rage is obviously not a Fantasy Fligt title.
Do you only buy games from FFG?

BTW Blood Rage does share some similarities and bits do feel similar, but the games are pretty different due to the large asymmetries of the CitOW gods and the drafting mechanisms of BR, both of which are unique to the respective games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think there will ever be a reprint of this game after the FFG / Gamesworkshop divorce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A reprint is highly unlikely,but I was hoping for a second edition that includes the expansion in the base game and refines some little details here and there.

This is one of my favourite games ever,so we can only dream

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
I do not think there will ever be a reprint of this game after the FFG / Gamesworkshop divorce.

A re-skin is entirely plausible. It certainly won't be GW IP, but there's no reason it couldn't be a very similar game with a new face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a complete set here that hasn't been played in a while. Core and expansion. Sleeved from the very beginning and painted exquisitely.

Let us know if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chlopek
United States
Columbus
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although there are differences for sure, Cthulhu Wars I have found is very similar. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cd8dman wrote:
Although there are differences for sure, Cthulhu Wars I have found is very similar. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag.

Yeah, Cthulhu would make most sense in regards to current FFG IP and a retheme. But then you are very much making another Cthulhu wars.

I own both games. I think Cthulhu wars is faster and more wild than CitOW, but both are excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.