Tokyo Express» Forums » Rules

Subject: Torpedo adj. and detection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Myers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I've dug this game out recently, wanting to play some old-fashioned wargames! Here's my odd questions:

With torpedo attacks, you combine the values of all ships attacking a target, then apply adjustments to the roll. What if the attackers are at different ranges? I'd think you'd use the least favorite adjustment (for the longest range)

During detection, can a detected force achieve immediate fire on an undetected force?

Example: My force detected the Japanese task force, but didn't get an attack, then they detect me the next movement phase and get the "I" result. Do they get immediate fire? What if two forces are detected and a third force approaches within range and is detected? Would the Japanese ignore my task force nearby to take an "I" fire at another force they detected at a longer range?

Thanks for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alen Lesko
Croatia
Makarska
flag msg tools
hello Steven
torpedo attacks get every SALVO calculated and then added with rest of them. There is description with example in basic rules under torpedo combat somewhere.
About immediete fire, answer is yes.
For your first example is yes.
For your second example is hell yes, game just throw at you a bit of luck, which is very rare in this game.
If immediete fire happens for japanese they will obligatory open fire at the end of detection phase, formation in question must be on UNFIRED side
You as US commander dont have to, you could take risk in consideration and open fire in combat phase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Myers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks, I was doing the torpedo calculations incorrectly then. You modify the value of each salvo, then add up the total value aimed at each ship!

(I also noticed I forgot the rule about increased damage when attacking the stern of a ship with a torpedo!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.