Elder Sign: Omens of the Deep» Forums » General

Subject: New stuff? Yes! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been waiting for this one a long time so here's hoping it doesn't disappoint. Of the App expansions, this one feels like the best in terms of balance. Ithaqua is way too fiddly, and the Dark Pharaoh is fun but the final encounter is too hard. things i hope this new expansion will feature:

-6+ Ancient Ones
-10+ Investigators
-ONE new card deck
-ONE new game mechanic
-Promo cards! esp if they are Ancients or investigators

and that's all. any more will get too fiddly which may put me off. I hope the overall feel will be different too and not just be another adventure deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cthulhu module for the app is definitely my favorite. Love having a use for the investigation dice besides solving tasks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
sylas1 wrote:
Been waiting for this one a long time so here's hoping it doesn't disappoint. Of the App expansions, this one feels like the best in terms of balance. Ithaqua is way too fiddly, and the Dark Pharaoh is fun but the final encounter is too hard. things i hope this new expansion will feature:

-6+ Ancient Ones
-10+ Investigators
-ONE new card deck
-ONE new game mechanic

and that's all. any more will get too fiddly which may put me off. I hope the overall feel will be different too and not just be another adventure deck.

It's very unlikely to see 6+ AOs and 10+ Investigators in a single expansion. Usually it's 3 or 4 AOs, and 8 Investigators. Promo cards are never included in any expansion (so far we got promo cards sold via books or given for free at Arkham Nights). About decks and mechanics, I don't remember what the previews have revealed to us so far, so I won't comment.

I'm under the impression that the game should be available in not too a long time, so, there's hope soon all the questions will be answered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
sylas1 wrote:

-6+ Ancient Ones
-10+ Investigators
-ONE new card deck
-ONE new game mechanic

It's very unlikely to see 6+ AOs and 10+ Investigators in a single expansion. Usually it's 3 or 4 AOs, and 8 Investigators. Promo cards are never included in any expansion (so far we got promo cards sold via books or given for free at Arkham Nights). About decks and mechanics, I don't remember what the previews have revealed to us so far, so I won't comment.

I'm under the impression that the game should be available in not too a long time, so, there's hope soon all the questions will be answered

heh. i know the extra stuff is unlikely but wishful thinking is healthy once in a while i think the 3 AOs and 8 new investigators is gonna be the norm. another thing i'm hoping for is that it will be compatible with at least one other expansion rather than be restricted to its own game design like Omens of Ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Foley
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sylas1 wrote:
another thing i'm hoping for is that it will be compatible with at least one other expansion rather than be restricted to its own game design like Omens of Ice.

Ice is somewhat compatible with the museum- you could easily use the storm mechanic in the museum, despite what the rules say. Easy to mix the museum with Gates, too. I can't see using Ice with Gates, as the balance would be way off (Gates is very challenging as it is), but one could try using one of the easier Ice AOs with Gates, and vice versa. I wouldn't expect Ice and Deep to overlap- do you really want to go to the Pacific and the Antarctic in the same game?- but maybe the museum will work with Deep with some minor tweaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.