Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manchine Manchine
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I have a Super Hero Board game that I have been working on for the last almost 3 years now. I am getting near the end of it. Starting on the MAJOR playtesting (Blind playtest). The game center around my comic book that I have printed that was from my web comic. Before anyone asks I have had the name OFFICIALLY way longer then the Video game has had it 2001, well 4 years when it came out in 2005.

Global Defense Force Board Game is a superhero adventure game for two to five players. During play, one player assumes the role of the Archvillain, while all other players play as the Heroes, completing missions and gaining Experience Points to eventually battle the Archvillain at the end of the game.

Think of it as a Star Wars Imperial Assault or Dungeon Saga meets Super Heroes. You get to make up your own characters which I have 12 Super Powers Available with the Game. You will be able to make up the maps or use the 2 Story Lines I will have in the game. You will be able to Advance up your characters or gain new powers.

So far the closest thing we have to this is Heroclix which you can't make up your own characters. This is of course without going to a RPG. There are plenty of fantasy and dark board games like this but no super hero board games. Here is some pics of it and tell me what you think? I am already adjusting some stuff like lettering to make it darker and more readable but you can get an idea of what everything is from these pics.

I see there is more info in the Descriptions so I am providing it.

Game name: Global Defense Force Board Game
Mechanisms: Dice Rolling, Grid Movement, Modular Boards, Variable Player Powers
Number of players: 2-5

• Turn Order
Global Defense Force: The Board Game is played over a number of rounds determined by the selected Plot. A round consists of all players taking one turn, beginning with characters with the highest Speed stat. If there is a tie, the character with the lowest point cost goes first. If there is still a tie beyond that, the Archvillain player goes first.

• Turn Summary
During each player’s turn, the active player performs the following steps in order:
• 1. Maintenance Phase
During this step, any effects affecting the active character that last “until the start of your next turn” end. The Hero player then refreshes any exhausted cards he/she may have and removes one Timer token from all cards.
• 2. Perform Actions
During each player’s turn, they may perform two DIFFERENT actions per round.
• Perform Actions
During the Perform Actions step, the Hero may perform an action of his/her choice.
• Attack
The Character attacks an opponent. Attacks are made either by Range or by Close Combat.
• Move
When a character performs a move action, it may move a number of squares equal to the number indicated in their Speed icon.
• Movement Off the Map
Normally, figures cannot move through walls or off the edge of a map tile. Some quests allow figures to move off the map. This usually requires either an entrance or exit tile. To move off the map, the figure must move to one of the edge spaces (marked below in red) on the entrance or exit tile and then spend one movement point. Except for entrance or exit tiles, figures may not move through the black borders of the map tile, as these represent impassable walls. The Plot Guide defines which tile is an entrance and which is an exit (if any).
• Open/Close a Door
When a character performs an open or close a door action, they may open or close one adjacent door.

• Doors & Line of Sight
Some doors are locked or otherwise barred in a unique way (as detailed in the Plot Guide) and cannot be opened by normal means. Refer to the Plot for special instructions in these cases. When a door is opened, turn the Door token sideways to show that it is open. If it is later closed, return the door to its original location. Figures cannot move or trace line of sight through doors. Spaces separated by a door are not considered to be adjacent.

• Search/Take
If a character is adjacent to or in a space that contains an object token, he/she may perform a search or take action to search that space. Some Plots use the unique object token to represent items specific to that Plot.
• Use a Non-Combat Power
The Character uses a Power listed on one of his Power cards that requires an action.
• Actions That Use Both Action Slots
• Breakaway
When a character begins the turn next adjacent to a enemy character, the o character may move away from the enemy character by a number of squares equal to the number indicated in their Speed icons.
• Rest
The character reduces all Timers by one.
• Run
The player moves his/her figure up to double the number of spaces equal to the character’s Speed icon.
• Miscellaneous Actions
• Special
Different cards or quests may provide Characters with unique actions to perform. These actions are either clearly stated “as an action” or noted with a ???.
• Rolling Dice
During play, you will be required to roll ten-sided dice for Attacks and for Attribute tests. The number of dice you receive is located on the stats of the card or on the Power Card. The STARS represent the number of dice your character gets to use. The number behind the STARS is the damage potential of the power or ability. These dice are for your Strength, Endurance, Speed, Mind, and Power attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!

My grail game in this genre is modular destructible terrain, custom powers & stats and ability to model any universe (supers, kaiju, Aliens Xenomorph, Halo, Star Wars, etc.). Freedom Force or original XCom battlemap on a table!

Still looking for the "right" power points system (currently checking out Supersystem).

Since it's asymmetric play, does the villain get minions/henchmen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchine Manchine
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
This will be whats in the game 2 Archvillains with 4 and 3 of his villains, 1 lone villain, and 2 villains of a mercenary group.

• Components
• 1 Rulebook
• 10 full-sized, double-sided Character cards
• 25 Character cards
• 35 Double-sided tiles
• 80 Damage tokens
• 50 Timer tokens
• 30 Critical Damage deck cards
• 96 Power cards (12 Power Sets)

• 8 Hero Characters
• Manchine
Animal Teen
• White Knight
Sonic Soldier
• Light Bow
Novastar
• Texas Talon
Hawk

• 10 Villain Characters
• Electric Marshal
Tank
• Marksman
Power Claw
• Chainz
Sinful Soldier
• Panzer
Scrapjaw
• Scavenger
Greymane

• 2 Archvillain Characters
• Photon
• King Cheetah

• 9 Henchman Characters
• 3 Terra Corps Guards
• 3 Safaria Ani Warriors
• 3 C.O.R.E. Soldiers

• 4 Explosion Dice
• 2 Bystanders Tokens
• 4 Object Tokens

Right now I have this coming out on kickstarter in september. I made this feel like City of Heroes meets Classic Marvel RPG. You use Special D10's. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must shed a quick little tear since you said City of Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchine Manchine
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Creating Characters is pretty easy.

Step 1 Determine Starting Points
Step 2 Pick 2 Power Sets (Each Power set has 8 Power Stunts. You must buy at least one power stunt from one of these power sets at creation.)
Step 3 Placing a number in each Strength, Mind, Speed, and Endurance each of these will cost points.
Step 4 Pick a Travel (It does nothing yet it will be the next set if it does well)
Step 5 Special Abilities Powers/skills that don't fit into any subset (Growth, Shrinking, Weapon Master, Lucky)
Step 6 The Name

There is more to it then this but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchine Manchine
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
One card from every 12 powers. With icons. Can you guess which each power is by the description and icon? Remember this is just one of the 8 power stunts you can buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchine Manchine
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I know I haven't posted in a while but there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, like today. So I just spent ALMOST 2 hours working on the Maps for the #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame. I went over today to get them printed because yes the maps are completely done and not thinking about it these maps were high detailed. Like 42x42 inches big, lots of detailed. So they said this would take a lot of time to readjust all the maps. Instead I just took it home and used my meager knowledge and transferred half of them to 5 pages. YEAH I am only half way done with 2 hours of work LOL. Here is what one page looks like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.