Subject: program/application for board gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an idea just to take the pulse of the board gaming community here at BGG. I don't have a massive collection of games like a lot of you at home, but I feel it's respectable. as I was looking at my respectable collection the other day, I was trying to determine what to play. I almost had AP trying to make that decision. I have the Kallax shelving like so many of you do, but have not yet figured out how to stack game boxes so that they're all visible given how deep the shelves are.

That said, I thought it would be great if there were an app that would allow me to plug in different criteria for what game to select. How much time do I have to play? How many players do I have? Any game mechanics I'm interested in delving into for that session? The idea was to create an app that would comb through your listed BGG collection that you listed as being owned, and then based on the criteria that you select, the app will make suggestions for you based on those criteria.

Is there an interest in an app like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this:

http://bggview.retrobox.eu/view.html?username=Stroodle88

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
I ride mountain bikes and road bikes. Ask me how!
badge
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:

Hey that's pretty cool. Thanks for the link. I can base a mobile-specific app on a website like that perhaps. Or think about how a design like that would work at any rate. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Dorito
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
badge
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this tool is quite elegant.

https://boardgamemenu.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.