Martin Knight
Australia
Wollongong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Knight by nature
mbmbmbmbmb
But I believe I will make an exception for Xenoshyft. After a 3 player game (that went too long) then a two player game (which was more reasonable in length) I thought it may work with one. And to my great pleasure I found it engaging and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,Martin.
I believe the game was really designed for solo play.although it can be played by more the issue you had always comes up.it takes too long other players have nothing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play with 2 at most. I think it plays best as a solo game. It's also not hard to simulate a 2 player game by playing 2 divisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperAbobo wrote:
It's also not hard to simulate a 2 player game by playing 2 divisions.

I plan to play primarily solo, and my first games were solo with two divisions. I plan to try three at some point, but that might be a bit much.

Knowing when to help other lanes via troop/division abilities and instants is a big part of the game, IMHO. The nice thing is that the game lends itself to near total customization in terms of difficulty. It's not like the game is going to break if we swap a few cards in or out while tweaking things. Cool design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually enjoy solo game but I find this game to be more fun with extra players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VIN 666
msg tools
mb
What is it with people always complaining about games being too long these days?!?
Don't get it at all.
So far I've mostly played solo and never timed a round, but I doubt it was longer than 30 minutes before I got slaughtered. LOL
I usually make it to wave 3-2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.