Hide
13 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: captain america base set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chimento
msg tools
what does it mean you get +1 for each color of hero you have? what are the colors? thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
The colors are: (with their class)
Yellow : Instinct
Black : Tech
Green : Strength
Red : Covert
Blue : Ranged
Grey (not attached to a class)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The above is correct.

As you'll see other Hero decks, you'll see references, especially on other Captain America decks, to class. Note that "color" as in the base set Cap is distinct from "class." Grey cards have a color but have no class. (Not a joke, though it happens to sound like one!) A Hero class, by contrast to a Hero color, is the icon in the top left corner under where the team icon would go. Ranged, Covert, Instinct, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Probably won't ever be in Marvel Legendary...
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone was wondering how the Infinity Gems play into this, like I was here is your answer. From the GoTG rules:
Quote:
Infinity Gems you've defeated have 0 cost, have no color/Hero class, and don't count as Hero cards or Villain cards.
So no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
The colors are: (with their class)
Yellow : Instinct
Black : Tech
Green : Strength
Red : Covert
Blue : Ranged
Grey (not attached to a class)

The class symbol is in the upper left, under the team icon. The color, which corresponds to the class, can also be seen on the border around the card. Even though the single rare card in each hero deck doesn't have a border, it still has a class, and therefore a color to go with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
[q="yaverot"]Even though the single rare card in each hero deck doesn't have a border, it still has a class, and therefore a color to go with it.

Was this an official ruling at some point? We have taken the color very literally, when cards have a class but no color, we have counted it as colorless.

Seems to me that if class and color were the same as you imply, we would never see cards referencing the color, only the class.

I am now very curious to see if this has actually ben confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Color is used when they want to include gray, Class is used when they want to exclude gray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan8765309 wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
[q="yaverot"]Even though the single rare card in each hero deck doesn't have a border, it still has a class, and therefore a color to go with it.

Was this an official ruling at some point? We have taken the color very literally, when cards have a class but no color, we have counted it as colorless.

Seems to me that if class and color were the same as you imply, we would never see cards referencing the color, only the class.

I am now very curious to see if this has actually ben confirmed.

Yes, this was confirmed.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10598564#10598564
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, just for clarification, it counts the heroes that you have in your hand, and the heroes that you have played. This is done at the time that you played the card, so if you draw some different color heroes later in your turn, the values for your Cappy cards have already been determined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Bryce's information used to be correct, but one thing about it was changed as of a few sets ago (I think it was Secret Wars #2). Cards that were villains but become part of your deck now have a Cost equal to their Attack as a Villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good catch, but the rules sheets mention an important distinction. Infinity Gems don't count as heroes or villains once they join your deck (and have no cost). The "recruitable" villains from Secret Wars 1 & 2 do become heroes and have a cost equal to their old attack value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno CarriƧo
Portugal
Oeiras, Portugal
flag msg tools
bchccc
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Color is used when they want to include gray, Class is used when they want to exclude gray.

Perfect explanation... thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls