just to fire off this draft (daft?) idea before i forget about it...
i'm looking for ideas for creating a "crossover Villain" from Talisman. Specifically, The Toad King, whose most powerful ability is - you guessed it - briefly turning Heroes into "slimy little toads" (though probably only for 1-2 turns instead of the Talisman-standard 3... maybe ATOE-conventional 1d3 instead).
Effects of toadification might include:
- When toadified, drop all Item/Ally cards in the space where there hero gets toadified. Any(?) hero may pick them up as an Action. Or maybe not: there's an ATOE precedent for such a conversion (Statue? Don't recall off hand) which says only the original hero can pick those cards back up.
- The Toad-Hero keeps(?) Events, but cannot use them until reverting to human form.
- Toads only move 1 space per turn. They are treated as having a value of 1 in all attributes (including Wounds?) so long as they are a toad.
- Toads may not accumulate any of: Items, Allies, Skill Bonuses. (Alternately, maybe they can keep/collect Allies?)
- Toads may accumulate Investigation and (of course) Wounds. That said, with all attribute values of 1, they're unlikely to accumulate much Investigation when using the Advanced Rules!
- Toads may, if encountering a Minion or Villain, immediately attempt escape by hopping away on a roll of 4+. When in a territory which borders with a waterway, they may escape on a 2+. They may attempt to escape at the start of the fight and at the end of every [Showdown] Fight Round.
- Toads, being so tiny, do not have their movement hindered by Minions.
- Finding the Toad King can be difficult: he is only found in Lairs which are in or border water. e.g. the Marsh, North/South Dock, Island, etc. Any Lair cards bought to find him are "wrong" if they do not refer to such a space. e.g. the Toad King will never be found hiding out at The Inn nor The Windmill.
i would be much appreciative for any creative ideas you can offer on this subject!
Interesting idea. Probably wouldn't want this to happen too often, as that would be frustrating continually turning into a toad.
But then you'd also have to figure out minions for the Toad King and more abilities for the Toad King.