Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
My agenda for 2017: celebrating the ultimate HIS year by playing it at least 6 times (each position once), better 12 times (also playing each side once in the late scenario).

There should be alot more to do, looking for suggestions, how to celebrate (no matter how silly it may be) - I most likely wont make it to the 1000. anniversary 2517!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two suggestions....
a) Play (or at least take a photo of yourself holding the HiS box) in six locations representing each of the powers. My nominations to consider for England are Hampton Court Palace, The Tower of London, The Ruins of Fountains Abbey.
b) Watch a film from the perspective of each major power. My nomination to consider for England - A Man for All Seasons.

Good luck with the six or twelve games

I've just acquired HiS, so my goal is more limited... learn the game and find five others to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
marktb1961 wrote:
a) Play (or at least take a photo of yourself holding the HiS box) in six locations representing each of the powers. My nominations to consider for England are Hampton Court Palace, The Tower of London, The Ruins of Fountains Abbey.

That's indeed a cool idea. How about making it a picture quest for the whole community? You may start with some place in England, I might even have somebody else fitting for the Protestant position picture.
So then we only need 4 more: Austria/Habsburg (Vienna), Papcy/Italy (Rome at best), France (Paris?), Ottomans/Turkey (Istanbul?)
Maybe each picture should include either the box cover or somebody dressed accordingly/holding some sign saying "Celebrating the ultimate HIS year 2017!"...

marktb1961 wrote:

I've just acquired HiS, so my goal is more limited... learn the game and find five others to play!

May be you have the harder Quest. If you happen to show up in Germany next year.... feel free to contact me to combine our epic quests (or at least do one online, if you are into that) .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadPritt wrote:
marktb1961 wrote:

That's indeed a cool idea. How about making it a picture quest for the whole community? You may start with some place in England, I might even have somebody else fitting for the Protestant position picture.
So then we only need 4 more: Austria/Habsburg (Vienna), Papcy/Italy (Rome at best), France (Paris?), Ottomans/Turkey (Istanbul?)
Maybe each picture should include either the box cover or somebody dressed accordingly/holding some sign saying "Celebrating the ultimate HIS year 2017!"...

marktb1961 wrote:

May be you have the harder Quest. If you happen to show up in Germany next year.... feel free to contact me to combine our epic quests (or at least do one online, if you are into that) .

Just in case you guys like travelling and what is to my knowledge the only two full week board- and roleplaying cons in the world: the FIS Cons have a decent supply of HiS players and usually at least one game happening during the week with more being an option if there were new players around:

February, with usually around 50 players
https://www.fis-ev.de/events/event/weinberg-con-2017/

June, with usually around 70 players
https://www.fis-ev.de/events/event/ost-con-2017/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Barber
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
marktb1961 wrote:
Two suggestions....
b) Watch a film from the perspective of each major power. My nomination to consider for England - A Man for All Seasons.

Same here Mark,
I've had the game on the shelf for 6 month but I haven't found players yet...

I'm based in London if you happen to come down south anytime soon...
We'd only need 1 or 3 more !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kraus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadPritt wrote:
marktb1961 wrote:

marktb1961 wrote:

Would you also do Spain as a location for the Hapsburgs since they have 2 capitals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Knight
United States
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great thread. I had the game sitting on the shelf for 3 years. In Dec. it dawned on me that 2017 is the big year. I HAD to do something. So, I had a "training day" for some guys who play CCA and X-Wing. I had no idea what would happen. Even though we had to stumble through all those rules, and played about six hours, and did not finish, everyone was happy since it was only a "training day.". We plan to have several more, leading up to the "real game" in Oct. Later in Dec. we will have a celebration party with spouses to celebrate, honor Martin Luther, and hand out an award to the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus I
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
requiem09 wrote:
BadPritt wrote:
marktb1961 wrote:

marktb1961 wrote:
Good luck with the six or twelve games :)

May be you have the harder Quest. If you happen to show up in Germany next year.... feel free to contact me to combine our epic quests (or at least do one online, if you are into that) :).

Would you also do Spain as a location for the Hapsburgs since they have 2 capitals?

Every dutch kid will tell you that Charles was born in Gent and raised in Brussel, they may be more appropriate.

A more ambitious group project would be to take a photo related to each card. However as few events happened in the new world and none in Australia Asia and Africa it would be something for European fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Pro
Peru
flag msg tools
We have a Peruvian group going on in case you ever want to visit Peru for tourism!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A fantastic goal. I think I shall adopt it myself.

I play face to face in Colorado, USA if anyone wants to join me. Just email me here.

I also play online via wargameroom.com, a good chat client for playing real time HIS.

In addition I am in a couple of pbem games via ACTS/Vassal/Dropbox which, though slow, have some great players from around the world.

Hit me up if you want any information.

A great goal to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the
Reformation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marktb1961 wrote:

An update....

Players found.
First training game played today (1517, 3 turns).

Next month, the tournament scenario.

(5 players as one couldn't make it. Hence England sheet up with Protestant player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Benson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toournament scenario session completed. We will re-run this in a few weeks, all being well.

More here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.