Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I play a card whose primary ability is to sacrifice a card, but the same card also activates a secondary draw ability on another card, can I draw before sacrificing? The rules seem to indicate that secondary abilities happen anytime, so does this mean I can draw before sacrificing?

I'm a huge Star Realms addict, and just started Hero Realms with my kids, seems awesome so far! They must have a digital version in the pipeline as well, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:
If I play a card whose primary ability is to sacrifice a card, but the same card also activates a secondary draw ability on another card, can I draw before sacrificing? The rules seem to indicate that secondary abilities happen anytime, so does this mean I can draw before sacrificing?

I'm a huge Star Realms addict, and just started Hero Realms with my kids, seems awesome so far! They must have a digital version in the pipeline as well, no?

If we're talking about an action card, you must first resolve its primary ability as you play it. Meaning you must choose wheather or not to sac a card, and then carry on that choice. After that's resolved, you are free to activate secondary abilities you can trigger however you see fit.

If we're talking about a champion, you can activate the primary ability whenever you want by exhausting the champion. You therefore can activate the ally abillity, if triggered, before the primary ability if you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.