Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Move one space to the left" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey guys

Me and my friends played this game last night for the first time.. And we all agree that its awesome .

There was one thing we were not 100% sure about. When a card tells you to move your mech one space to the left.. How do you do this?

is it:

A) Moving left according to what way your mech is facing now?
B) Moving left according to what way the board and direction pad is facing? I mean, would left always be the same direction no matter what way your mech is facing

We played it where it moved to the left according to what way your mech is facing now Can you clarify this for me please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All directions are relative to the Mech.

Incidentally, how were you applying a major direction to the Crystal Compass? I can't see how any of them could be considered 'up'. Is that something from LoL, perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
All directions are relative to the Mech.

Incidentally, how were you applying a major direction to the Crystal Compass? I can't see how any of them could be considered 'up'. Is that something from LoL, perhaps?

So what you are saying, is that we played it correctly?

When looking at the crystal compass if you place it with Red upwards, yellow would always be "left" according to the crystal compass.. So we were talking about wether we did it correctly, or we had to move one space towards yellow, which would mean it would always be the same direction no matter how your mech faced

Edit: read what you said again, and yes it makes perfect sense, guess we just wanted to make 100% sure we played correctly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add that there are times when you move in a color direction. This is used to have always the same direction. The exact implementation is to roll the rune die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point was how do you determine Red is up? There is nothing in the rules that would indicate that red always points up and unless everyone is sitting on the same side of the table, which color is pointing up would be different for different players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
EvanMinn wrote:
The point was how do you determine Red is up? There is nothing in the rules that would indicate that red always points up and unless everyone is sitting on the same side of the table, which color is pointing up would be different for different players.

Yeah I see that now.. It was just one of my friends who asked this question, and since this game is awesome, I just wanted to be sure that we played it correctly.. But I am happy we ended up playing it correctly to begin with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read the comments made and I'm not really sure what they tell exactly, but here are my 2 cents on the top question.

1) Move/Turn left or right as a command/damaged command is always from the viewpoint of the Mech. (visualize it like you are driving a car)

2) If the direction is determent by the Crystal Compass, the direction is the way that the rolled color is pointing to in relation to how it's positioned to the board. (so it's important to setup the Crystal Compas in the right relation to the bord as show in the missions setup.)

Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.