Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Cardinal
Canada
Lloydminster
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. My wife and I played this last night. We absolutely love it but it seemed like it flew by quickly and definitely less than an hour, which I guess would be the norm for playing with two players. Has anyone noticed that the game is rather quick for what it is? I'm just saying that the player turns seemed to be over very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played two three-plays games (on with friends and one at Spiel Essen with two Italian guys). Both games where played within the hour. So I guess a two player game must be possible in under an hour too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does play very quickly, but only played it with 2 players so far.
Even playing with 3 or 4, I can't see it going over an hour as the turns are so snappy.

For me, the quick play time is a big positive.

I haven't played with the variant tiles yet, maybe playing with those will slow the game down somewhat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a nice, tight medium-weight game. Which, thankfully, doesn't take too long to play. Play is quick and efficient. There really aren't that many things to do. The heart of it is the wonderful action selection mechanism. And once you select your actions, they go quickly.

The length of play is a great strength of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scholle
Australia
St Ives
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time play with four = 130 minutes play + 15 minutes of rules (with good listeners), setup & packing up.

Second play with same four = 60 minutes play + 5 minutes setup & packing up. (Slightly delayed by a sparrow having flown off under the table.)

Expected third play with four should see a space on the shelf free for exactly 60 minutes.

I haven't seen this kind of playing speed improvement since Automobile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scholle wrote:
First time play with four = 130 minutes play + 15 minutes of rules (with good listeners), setup & packing up.

Second play with same four = 60 minutes play + 5 minutes setup & packing up. (Slightly delayed by a sparrow having flown off under the table.)

Expected third play with four should see a space on the shelf free for exactly 60 minutes.

So, by extension, the rules are terribly written?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scholle
Australia
St Ives
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
Scholle wrote:

So, by extension, the rules are terribly written?

No, not at all. The rules are perfectly fine. There's just a lot of interconnecting bits that players being explained the rules need time to grasp. (It always seems so clear when you've read the rules yourself.) Second plays with the same players for this type of game just naturally run much smoother and quicker. It's like another game I really like - Pax Porfiriana. I've never seen a quick first game playing in under two hours, but experienced players fly through it (even all four topples) usually in around an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.