Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have three (yes, three) incomplete versions of the old 2nd edition game (NOT revised), and I am trying to piece together at least one complete version of the game. Unfortunately I have no idea how many red and white chips come with the game. (It's not listed in the rules.)

Could one or more people inventory how many red and white chips come with the game? I suspect that it may vary, so I'd like to get at least two people to comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would like to know this, as I have a copy that I need to inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the number of chips is meant to be limited. The number of pieces is a limitation, but you can have as many chips as you want.

Otherwise you get gamey tactics like buying as many infantry as possible just to exhaust the chip supply for your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
...buying as many infantry as possible...

You mean, being Russia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just counted my own chips and found 6 red chips and 45 white chips. I'm fairly certain I'm not missing any, but I've had the game for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
I don't think the number of chips is meant to be limited. The number of pieces is a limitation, but you can have as many chips as you want.

Otherwise you get gamey tactics like buying as many infantry as possible just to exhaust the chip supply for your opponent.

Philip --

I understand your point, but I'm not concerned with how the chips relate to the gameplay. I really just want to know HOW MANY chips are included with the game for inventory purposes. (I'd like to know whether I can assemble two complete A&A games given the pieces that I have.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
I just counted my own chips and found 6 red chips and 45 white chips. I'm fairly certain I'm not missing any, but I've had the game for a long time.

Thanks. Can anyone else confirm these numbers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:

I've found a post here that says there are 10 red and 45 white chips:

http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=1763&page=7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blush Sorry about my red chip count. I guess I'm missing 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Laurent
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
blush Sorry about my red chip count. I guess I'm missing 4.

Aaron,

I suspect that the chip count may vary, so you may not have lost any. That's why I wanted more people to comment on what their game came with (to come up with some consensus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I have 47 white chips and 5 red chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that those are the numbers of chips that originally came with the game. I might have lost a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dong Feng
msg tools
The number is listed on Page 8, the rule book. It comes with 85 chips. I checked my box and it contains 89 chips, among which 78 white and 11 red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you're looking at the MB edition of the game, because I don't see any indication of the number of chips on page 8 in the 2nd edition manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.