Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Kennerley
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berks
flag msg tools
mbmb
Forgive me as I don't have the cards in front of me but we were having a discussion on the Aligned mechanic

The scenario was the following:

Wayward Aligned Position was IV
Basic minion with no Alignment Position with some life on it
Current player had spells in open Breaches 3 and 4

The questions was how much damage does each spell do to the nemesis and the minion?

Spell in Breach 4:

Full Damage to Nemesis as is Aligned to Position 4?
Full Damage to Basic Minion as is Aligned to Position 4?
Or Full damage because the Basic Minion is not effected by the Aligned Position Mechanic?

Spell in Breach 3:

Half Damage to Nemesis as is Misaligned because of not being in Aligned Position?
Full damage to Basic Minion because the Alignment Mechanic has no effect on Basic Minions?
Or Half damage to Basic Minion because the Spell is Misaligned due to not being in a Aligned Breach?

Thanks in Advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Basic minions have no alignment. Spells deal full damage to them.

You have the Wayward One damage correct in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
nicklittle wrote:
Basic minions have no alignment. Spells deal full damage to them.

You have the Wayward One damage correct in your example.

I came looking for answers for this exact question. Is there an official statement of this? It seems natural enough, but the rules on the Wayward One's mat say that spells are only aligned if they are in the same position as the nemesis or a minion with position, and that otherwise, they are misaligned. A spells targeting basic minions are always misaligned, even though that seems strange from a thematic perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I found an old post from the designer's diary on Wayward One that does confirm that spells do full damage to basic minions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22594736#22594736

I hope they fix/clarify the rule in the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
intheory wrote:
Is there an official statement of this?

Nick is official.

On the flip side of your view, I didn't think basic minions were using anything but their normal rules from the rules on WO's mat. You even get support examples in the aligned minions from WO's deck. To make them always misaligned requires extending the rules. They're excluded because they are not included, like many card games where the cards make the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.