Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Port Royal» Forums » General

Subject: New Expansion 2017?!?!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tuepah
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
For those who enjoy this game as much as I do, the Pegasus shop website has Port Royal Legacy listed as an announced working title.

Conflicting dates showing a publication date listed as Mar, 27, 2014 but if you hover over the Announced icon, this is showing a release date of September, 2017.

Maybe Mr. Pfister can clue us in a little

https://www.pegasusshop.de/index.php?thisoperationid=3&Actio...

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy?! surprise

Will they really turn this into a Legacy-style game (how to even)? Or will it just have the word Legacy in the title because of what the game/expansion will be about?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tuepah
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Maybe similar to Oh My Goods! Revolt expansion with Chapter/Event/Character cards dictating what expansion cards are added/removed from the draw deck?!?

Just a guess though.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexander Pfister goes Legacy? Count me in!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
"Legacy" games are trendy at the moment. If they do come out with a Port Royal Legacy game the good thing is that it would be based on a solid non-legacy game like Pandemic Legacy was as opposed to SeaFall.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy is wrong, I'll contact Pegasus to correct it. But yes, I work on a narrative expansion using my dynamic event deck mechanic like in "Longsdale in Revolt".
27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Legacy is wrong, I'll contact Pegasus to correct it. But yes, I work on a narrative expansion using my dynamic event deck mechanic like in "Longsdale in Revolt".


My boyfriend and I were discussing last night that it might be something like that, and how great that would be. 2017 is starting off great Happy New Year, Alexander!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Legacy is wrong, I'll contact Pegasus to correct it. But yes, I work on a narrative expansion using my dynamic event deck mechanic like in "Longsdale in Revolt".


Awesome!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Doyle
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mb
Count me in, if it's for Port Royal, I want it. Though frankly, I have the first expansion and haven't even tried it yet-- the game is so great by itself I've yet to tire of it as is-- but no doubt we'll crack the shrink on it eventually. Port Royal is getting more plays than anything else at present with most of my game buds, so I've no doubt the expansions will get played...
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
laughter is the best medicine
badge
Sunrise ... sunset
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
Legacy is wrong, I'll contact Pegasus to correct it. But yes, I work on a narrative expansion using my dynamic event deck mechanic like in "Longsdale in Revolt".

Yay! I'm really enjoying Oh My Goods!: Longsdale in Revolt and would love to see something similar for Port Royal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's now called Port Royal: Das Abenteuer beginnt. Release date is given as 27.03.2014. Is this just a typo meaning 27.03.2017 or completely wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be available in Essen/Oct. 2017
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebo wrote:
Count me in, if it's for Port Royal, I want it. Though frankly, I have the first expansion and haven't even tried it yet-- the game is so great by itself I've yet to tire of it as is-- but no doubt we'll crack the shrink on it eventually. Port Royal is getting more plays than anything else at present with most of my game buds, so I've no doubt the expansions will get played...


I agree, I love Port Royal too. So much that I sleeved the game. It'd be great if this third expansion would be enough to prompt a 'collectors box' of some sort to hold all the cards together, sleeved or not.

The first expansion is great, cooperative mode is a whole new game. I actually enjoy it more than the competitive game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Pfefferle
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
"Buy an expansion that makes you tear up the cards of your base game!"

That would really be a whole new level of milking customers for their money laugh

But I think someone just confused "Legacy" with "campaigns".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Sousa
msg tools
I haven't played the base game yet but it's definitely on my list. I hope the new expansion greatly increases the number of max. players. Max. 5 players is not enough for me. I'm a high school teacher, I'm constantly looking for board games and I work with large groups of students (10 - 18 students). It seems, however, that game designers and companies still haven't realized how important these games are for school and what a great market this is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FlavioSousa wrote:
I haven't played the base game yet but it's definitely on my list. I hope the new expansion greatly increases the number of max. players. Max. 5 players is not enough for me. I'm a high school teacher, I'm constantly looking for board games and I work with large groups of students (10 - 18 students). It seems, however, that game designers and companies still haven't realized how important these games are for school and what a great market this is.


I doubt it that this game will ever be good with more than 5 players. You should definitely try out this game, but it's not meant for your school group.

Can't you break up the group to work with groups of 4 or 5 players?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.