32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 2 upgrade available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Büning
msg tools
Just found these upgrade add ons on the webstore (no official announcement yet)

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/kickstarter-b...

I guess wave 2 is finally real
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteBue wrote:

Uh oh.... Looks like the combined "complete my pledge" item includes both new stuff AND things that were previously paid for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
There's something about "if you have not already paid for them" so perhaps Minecarters get a discount if they already bought them with the pledge manager way back.

Edit: I'm referring to the Minecart "Complete my Pledge" package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
SteBue wrote:

Uh oh.... Looks like the combined "complete my pledge" item includes both new stuff AND things that were previously paid for.

I'm thinking (hoping) that all the complete my pledge items are at a discount and whatever you already bought will be deducted from the 50 dollars and refunded. It does looks like people who waited might save a few dollars with this package though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an e-mail from FFP about this & updated to "complete my
pledge" Mine Cart. I haven't figured out if this is discounted
for MC backers but it's free shipping.

They also mentioned certain MC items weren't out of China
yet so MC won't ship until everything is in cry so looks
like it will be Spring before I get my stuff.

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:
They also mentioned certain MC items weren't out of China
yet so MC won't ship until everything is in cry so looks
like it will be Spring before I get my stuff.

They also didn't actually mention WHICH items were causing the hold up... So I have no way, as an Outlaw backer with add-ons to know if any of said add-ons will delay my stuff by another few months.

yukyukyukyukyukyukyukyuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Minecart backer and already did all the add-ons that were available originally when the pledge manager was up. But the $50 "all-in" level includes stuff that was available and purchased before. Now if you did purchase that stuff you only needed 3 things. But those 3 things cost $45 separately.

So.. there's no option for Minecart backers that went all-in originally but only needs the 3 extra things. We just save $5. Would of saved a ton of money if we didn't buy them back during the initial pledge manager.

I'm not going to sweat $5 so just did the new "all-in" level for convenience (I guess I'll get some extras). But kind of annoying to be penalized for buying early.

I can imagine the hell the Hills are going through trying to get this all worked out. I'm glad they fleshed out the enemies and love what they've done with the new content. But the wacky add-on situation is damn confusing and its going to be hell to get everyone organized. I think they should of just thrown it all in and saved themselves a lot of work and flamewars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, it isn't $5 you lost out on, it's $45.

If you get the $50 pledge addon you will have spent $95 in total and you don't get the duplicates. If you check the wording, the $50 bundle only includes items you have not already purchased.

So, if you have already spent the $45 last time around then you are better off spending the extra $45 this time around to get the three missing items individually rather than the $50 bundle as that will only include those 3 items. At the end of the day you will end up spending $90 in total where as someone who didn't get the addons previously will only have to pay $50 for the exact same items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, as Outlaw, I see no reason to add these Other World expansions on when I can just buy them Retail when they come out (and probably cheaper). So I'll sit this one out.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aeneades wrote:
Scott, it isn't $5 you lost out on, it's $45.

If you get the $50 pledge addon you will have spent $95 in total and you don't get the duplicates. If you check the wording, the $50 bundle only includes items you have not already purchased.

So, if you have already spent the $45 last time around then you are better off spending the extra $45 this time around to get the three missing items individually rather than the $50 bundle as that will only include those 3 items. At the end of the day you will end up spending $90 in total where as someone who didn't get the addons previously will only have to pay $50 for the exact same items.

Ok, that makes sense. But we still got a bit penalized for buying early. But I'm not going to sweat losing $40. I did just do the $50 all-in to be absolutely sure I didn't miss anything.

They probably should of had 2 minecart levels since anyone that ordered the original stuff most likely did it all. I'd have been much happier to not spend another $50 (or $45) while those that waited got it for a huge discount.

I normally have defended FFP since I know they've gone through hell getting this game done. And I know they put in that super cheap $50 all-in level as a thank you for sticking with them. But they didn't do something nice for those that already bought half of it a couple years ago which is a significant number of the minecart backers. Not sure if they will try to fix that or just let it slide and hope people eventually calm down.

Being a publisher myself I would NOT want to be in their shoes right now. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in a similar boat Scott, I paid 10$ for the Scafford Boss 2+ years ago and I now have the option to add the Flesh Stalkers for 15$, or both Scafford Boss AND Flesh Stalkers for 15$...

I'm hoping they let people shift funds around in the Pledge Manager. That way I could move my 10$ to some other add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
I'm in a similar boat Scott, I paid 10$ for the Scafford Boss 2+ years ago and I now have the option to add the Flesh Stalkers for 15$, or both Scafford Boss AND Flesh Stalkers for 15$...

I'm hoping they let people shift funds around in the Pledge Manager. That way I could move my 10$ to some other add-on.

Actually if the $50 I just spent can be moved around in the pledge manager, that would work. I could put some funds into dice or other accessories. That would be cool to me.

EDIT- I posted some questions/clarifications on the KS but the general attitude there is really toxic. Seems many opted for the add-ons and now are annoyed they spent a lot more then those that just decided to do it now. I'm kind of surprised they didn't think about this more carefully. If they didn't offer the super discounted $50 option then there would have been less confusion and anger. Then I would of just spent $45 and not given it a second thought. But it doesn't sit right with me that adding on much of it a few years ago penalized me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Beener

California
msg tools
I happen to be in the unfortunate situation of being an Outlaw backer who added Colonel Scafford and the Otherworld expansions as Add-ons to my pledge. This means that the Outlaw completion bundle has no discount for me, and I need everything in the Minecart completion bundle. Since it's not clear whether or not I actually have to be a Minecart backer to order the Minecart completion bundle, I'm now stuck spending either an additional $93 or $133 dollars, or I'm stuck getting incomplete sets and having to rebuy everything at full retail price anyway. After two years of waiting with nothing but the main two boxes to show for it, and non-backers already having expansions that were since released at retail, I can't say I'm happy about this added insult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
KevBelisle wrote:

Actually if the $50 I just spent can be moved around in the pledge manager, that would work. I could put some funds into dice or other accessories. That would be cool to me.

EDIT- I posted some questions/clarifications on the KS but the general attitude there is really toxic. Seems many opted for the add-ons and now are annoyed they spent a lot more then those that just decided to do it now. I'm kind of surprised they didn't think about this more carefully. If they didn't offer the super discounted $50 option then there would have been less confusion and anger. Then I would of just spent $45 and not given it a second thought. But it doesn't sit right with me that adding on much of it a few years ago penalized me.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Punjoke wrote:
I happen to be in the unfortunate situation of being an Outlaw backer who added Colonel Scafford and the Otherworld expansions as Add-ons to my pledge. This means that the Outlaw completion bundle has no discount for me, and I need everything in the Minecart completion bundle. Since it's not clear whether or not I actually have to be a Minecart backer to order the Minecart completion bundle, I'm now stuck spending either an additional $93 or $133 dollars, or I'm stuck getting incomplete sets and having to rebuy everything at full retail price anyway. After two years of waiting with nothing but the main two boxes to show for it, and non-backers already having expansions that were since released at retail, I can't say I'm happy about this added insult.

My understanding is that Outlaws pledgers can order the Minecart upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who's been out of the loop for 2 years, nothing of this makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Jackson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is some pretty abysmal treatment for those of us who ultimately funded the creation of this game and patiently waited while everyone else played with our toys.

And now the pledge manager says I owe $40 even though I paid everything when they first allowed add-ons. Does anyone know what that is about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Morehead City
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think everything that is offered in the Outlaw and Minecart Completion bundles will be offered at retail but not as singles. For example the Colonel Scafford figure is included in the "Shadows of Brimstone: The Scafford Gang Deluxe Enemy Pack". If you are an Outlaw backer and didn't purchase any add-ons then there is no need to purchase the Minecart Completion bundle because everything will be released in the deluxe packs at retail. You would end up getting duplicates of every thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Morehead City
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
liche wrote:
This is some pretty abysmal treatment for those of us who ultimately funded the creation of this game and patiently waited while everyone else played with our toys.

And now the pledge manager says I owe $40 even though I paid everything when they first allowed add-ons. Does anyone know what that is about?

I was an Outlaw backer with no add-ons. My pledge manager says I owe $25 for shipping. I tried looking on the Kickstarter to see if the shipping was included in the pledge but I didn't see anything indicating it was. On the pledge manager there is no option to pay it and I can't update my shipping address. I tried to delete it but the address is archived. I sent an email to FFP so hopefully they will sort it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
faldor wrote:
TMy pledge manager says I owe $25 for shipping. I tried looking on the Kickstarter to see if the shipping was included in the pledge but I didn't see anything indicating it was.

Everything in the entire KS campaign was free shipping, with the exception of the optional $50 fee for shipping Wave 1.5.

The pledge manager is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Morehead City
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Punjoke wrote:

My understanding is that Outlaws pledgers can order the Minecart upgrade.

I agree. This a quote from the Kickstarter update: "If you have added any OtherWorld Expansions in the Pledge Manager, you will need to complete those individually or purchase a "Complete My Pledge: Minecart" instead of the "Complete my Pledge: Outlaw" to complete any OtherWorld Expansions you added in the Pledge Manager."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Morehead City
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
faldor wrote:
TMy pledge manager says I owe $25 for shipping. I tried looking on the Kickstarter to see if the shipping was included in the pledge but I didn't see anything indicating it was.

Everything in the entire KS campaign was free shipping, with the exception of the optional $50 fee for shipping Wave 1.5.

The pledge manager is wrong.

Thanks for the information! I emailed FFP about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
As someone who's been out of the loop for 2 years, nothing of this makes sense.

liche wrote:

Par for the course for FFP it seems...

yukshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Jackson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't make this right, I will never buy anything from them again on principle. They have to decide how much what is left of their reputation is worth to them. They still have the opportunity to buy some of that back for pennies on the dollar.

I don't mean to be unfair because I know there will be a cost to FFP, but I think the correct approach would be to give credit to anyone who paid for the extras during the first round of add-ons and then (at the very least) offer those customers anything they need to complete their sets at not a cent more than cost. If FFP truly felt any remorse about how badly they bungled and delayed this Kickstarter, they might not even charge that (Remember that we should have had all our stuff in AUG 2014!). Not to do something like that gives strength to the suspicions that Fortress was just an effort to get some cash to pay off the rest of Shadows (a Ponzi scheme).

Ultimately it seems that they've balanced their offerings to the faithful upon the premise that Minecart holders got such a great deal in the first place! Well whose fault is that?! And how long can FFP continue to chip away at that "great deal" that I was naive enough to purchase before it becomes no longer great. At this point it already stings like a slap to the face. I didn't back Fortress because they hadn't made it clear how this would be handled and it's now clear that I was right not to do so.

There are a lot of game companies out there. I'll spend my money with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
liche wrote:
If they don't make this right, I will never buy anything from them again on principle.

Beat you to it.

I kept reading during the Forbidden Fortress KS how much Forbidden Fortress was "worth", but I also read complaints by those who didn't receive their stuff yet. Well, guess who I was right to listen to -- this whole SoB KS and franchise is *way* more complicated than it should be. (And I can't stand putting the miniatures together, either.) After following the Wave 1.5 threads, I'm not surprised. FFP is on my "negative one" list, where they now have to show me they can run a competent KS (or two) without all the delays, complications, and drama that they had in their previous KS. This list is shared by companies such as Mantic and Prodos / Archon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.