Subject: Trog battles 2-3 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
I know this might be answered already here but going through 410 posts is exhausting. On page 10 of the rules it says "when battling the Trogs with 2 or 3 players, the first player to the left of the player fighting against the Trogs controls the Trogs in the battle. Including playing tactics cards." Do these tactic cards come from the chosen player's hand or do you use the green Trog player cards? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bartlett

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe it's from the players hand... at least that's how we played based on the Watch It Played playthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
Also, in a 2-3 player game, can you take Trogs as prisoners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
APChaos2501 wrote:
I know this might be answered already here but going through 410 posts is exhausting. On page 10 of the rules it says "when battling the Trogs with 2 or 3 players, the first player to the left of the player fighting against the Trogs controls the Trogs in the battle. Including playing tactics cards." Do these tactic cards come from the chosen player's hand or do you use the green Trog player cards? Thanks!

The Player controlling the Trogs in a a 2 to 3 player game, during Battle Resolution may use their own Tactics cards from their current hand. They do not replenish those cards before their turn starts, so it's a hand/resource management decision on whether to use cards or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
APChaos2501 wrote:
Also, in a 2-3 player game, can you take Trogs as prisoners?

Yes, and they will become a permanent point every round, as there is no player to buy them back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese Hudson
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Another Trog Battle question.

If player controlling Trogs in battle wins the territory control objective, do the Mini's used in that battle return to the map along with a new nest token? I understand how the minis are removed if they lose and are forced to retreat and a new token is placed in the retreated location, however the rules state to put a nest token down as the control marker in a winning situation, but never explicitly states what to do with the victorious Trog minis.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd remain in one scenario and be taken off the map in another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dreesehudson72 wrote:
Another Trog Battle question.

If player controlling Trogs in battle wins the territory control objective, do the Mini's used in that battle return to the map along with a new nest token? I understand how the minis are removed if they lose and are forced to retreat and a new token is placed in the retreated location, however the rules state to put a nest token down as the control marker in a winning situation, but never explicitly states what to do with the victorious Trog minis.

It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd remain in one scenario and be taken off the map in another.

In 2-3 player games, Trog minis are ALWAYS removed, regardless of the outcome, and replaced with a Trog nest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese Hudson
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
But where is that in the rules? Sections 4E and 4F don't mention removing them from the board in a territory victory scenario. It only says when winning territory control, return that players units to the board.

And if you are using your assumption that minis aren't returned to the board when would Clarification #7 occur (not have enough Trog units to put on the board)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese Hudson
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Never mind just found the FAQ document. Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
dreesehudson72 wrote:

And if you are using your assumption that minis aren't returned to the board when would Clarification #7 occur (not have enough Trog units to put on the board)?

He's not assuming anything m8, he's the game's designer.

And yes, the rule book is terribly written and very nearly worthless. Welcome to Cry Havoc. Most of your questions can be answered by the very official FAQs or right here by the designer himself, as you can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Pérez
Spain
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have another question related to this: what happens if the Trogs win the Control Objective but they lost all the troops? Is a nest token still placed on the region or is it left "empty" (no trogs and no other troops nor control tokens)?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If all the trog troops were killed you don't place a token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.