Subject: Item: Blueprint OP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Thurlow
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card starts with "When you roll for your movement or to enter,exit,or cross a room, you choose your result." I understand the second half but is the first half stating that whenever you roll for ordinary movement you get to choose your movement roll result (ie. I get to roll 4 speed to move so my can choose to move 0-8 spaces every turn, as long as my speed remains a 4?). That seem incredibly OP in the hands of any explorer, not to mention the betrayer. Am I misunderstanding this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a very powerful item, maybe OP. I think there was a thread on this item already about it being OP.

But as far as movement, remember that in most cases your speed is how much you move. Unless the haunt says otherwise, only monsters roll for movement based on their speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Thurlow
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other thread I found on this item talked about its affect on The Mystic Elevator. Quite frustrating...lol.
As far as the explorers move value being their movement not the dice they roll, we forgot that. Mitigates the item strength a bit. Ty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Colorado springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
It is a very powerful item, maybe OP. I think there was a thread on this item already about it being OP.

But as far as movement, remember that in most cases your speed is how much you move. Unless the haunt says otherwise, only monsters roll for movement based on their speed.

Agreed. Only monsters roll for movement. For the traitor/heroes, movement = speed.

The blueprint only applies when you would normally have to roll to move. Examples: Crossing the chasm, moving through the hidden door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
I also agree that blueprint should only be applied to rooms or features that impede your movement upon failure such as the chasm, tower, catacombs, or hidden door.

However, rooms that affect your stats if you fail a roll (i.e. graveyard, junk room) but doesn't impede your movement should NOT be affected by blueprint.

I personally don't think it should affect the mystic elevator or mystic slide.

As a final note, we played it's moving between dumbwaiters ability requiring 2 movement spaces to move. This is in line with using the dumbwaiters to get to a landing per its normal usage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.