Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things I love in games is where players can control the pace of the game. When I read the rules, I had the impression that was true in RR, but after one play, it doesn't seem like it. Players can push rails a bit faster, and may get lucky with dropping an extra telegraph station with a deal, but for the most part, it seemed like the length of the game is fixed.

Am I missing something? Are there tiles/deals that let players put down extra houses (I know there are ways to put down extra rails)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Repeatedly using a turquoise worker to build track is about the only way you can potentially speed it up, but not by much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veronica WYG
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:

Am I missing something? Are there tiles/deals that let players put down extra houses (I know there are ways to put down extra rails)?

There are two deals that allow you to place buildings (one as a station and one as a telegraph office).

PaulGrogan wrote:
Repeatedly using a turquoise worker to build track is about the only way you can potentially speed it up, but not by much.

To add up to what Paul wrote, using only the pieces at the left of the logo and not the ones at the right will also speed the game up.
i.e Lets say you have 2 buildings to the right of your logo and 4 rails remaining (2 to the left and 2 to the right).
If you choose to build rails (or trade) as your next actions, the game will last a round or two shorter than if you built stations and offices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Repeatedly using a turquoise worker to build track is about the only way you can potentially speed it up, but not by much
Using the "place track" train also speeds it up a bit. Conversely, selling track (rather than buildings) slows it down a bit.

In addition to the above, and the deals Veronica mentioned, there's also the telegraph tiles to (separately) place a building and rail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.