Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) Epic #1 Austerlitz Special Rules #2 says: "The 4 hexes that make up Stare Vinohrady (old vineyards) form a Temporary Majority Group Victory Banner..." There are in fact five hexes: one Orchard/Vineyard, three Hills, and one Forest. Does the Forest not count, or should the group include "5 hexes?"

B) The same rule question applies for the La Grand Battles Austerlitz; except that many more hexes are involved in the contiguous group. Should we assume that the "4 hexes" are the two Orchard/Vineyard hexes and the two intervening hills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw the answer to this:

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/the-game/main/f...

Quote:
It´s a mistake in the scenario booklet. The Pratze Heights has 6 hexes and the Stare Vinohrady has 5 hexes in the La Grande Battle scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That just confuses me, I'm afraid. Looking at the scenario maps, for Stare Vinohrady there are five hexes in the Epic scenario, but eleven in the LGB!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
The right scenario pics are here

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/maps/third-coal...

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/maps/third-coal...

I will add the FAQ notes also to the scenario sites direct.

And most times such spotted mistakes are fixed then in the rulebooks, if it´s still possible, before they are published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The questions are answered, but only if you go to the other site, because the maps there have the hexes highlighted, but the description in words remains ambiguous, even when answered directly by Richard. For those of us who prefer words to describe the situations, the answers are:

A) The Special Rule in Epic #1 Austerlitz should read "the 4 Hill hexes." Note that it also appears that the clear hex shown on the printed map in the hex NW of Pratzen should be a fourth Hill hex. Because a unit starts on this hex, this is hard to make out.

B) The Special rule in LGB Austerlitz should read "the 5 Hill hexes" for Stare Vinohrady (not 4) and "the 6 hill hexes" for Pratzen Heights (not 4).

Putting a clarification in words to back up the map indications is important, especially when terrain must be actually changed. I believe Michael is saying that he will add them as well.

I also note that having gone through the Special Rules for all of the Epic and LGB scenarios, this is the only example I found which requires further clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.