3 Posts

Plague Inc.: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trait card hand limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Fish
Australia
flag msg tools
Just played our first game of this and very much enjoyed it, but a question arose about the trait cards... I can't remember the names of the cards, but I had two events, one of which let me draw 4 trait cards, and another that allowed me to draw 2 (with some other actions).

We know that when discarding a country to draw traits, you discard all existing traits and draw 5 new ones, but there's nothing that says that this is the maximum hand size, right? Events are supposed to be powerful so it made sense to us that you could go over 5 cards rather than, say, waiting until you were down to 1 trait left before playing the 'draw 4' event.

Is that the correct interpretation or is there an actual hand limit?

PS. Happy new year etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no maximum hand, because it's not necessary to have one. The only way you can go over 5 is by event cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fish
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks, that confirms what we'd been thinking, and we're just about to play round 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.