Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Are they meant for hard mode or are they meant to be added on with drones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use them either in normal or hard game modes. They're just another way to make the game more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
theyre meant for all modes. but you can choose to house rule them out, if you wish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
So the default is use them? I was alittle confused by the wording due to where in the paper they were meantioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Psydotek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're essentially the "Hard Mode" drone deck, but you can mix & match to suit your tastes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
yeah, the default is to use them. the number of drones you use was altered to accommodate them. but again, its ultimately up to you if you want to use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Soldiers and Hard Mode are each intended to be an optional way to make the game Harder.

We recommend using them in this order:

Once you're pretty good at the game we recommend adding in Soldiers.

Then, if you still want to make the game harder we recommend using the Hard Mode Locations and Events without Soldiers.

Then if you want the toughest possible experience play with Soldiers and the Hard Mode Locations and Events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilbertson
msg tools
Ah! My wife and I had misunderstood these to be mandatory additions (1 soldier per phase) to regular gameplay, complementing the altered drone deck counts. Well, good to know- at least we've been managing to survive at least some of the time with that understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
oh wow. i thought the soldiers were mandatory as well. interesting. would be a good way to practice hard mode without them. right now i've been doing 1 or 2 objectives in hard mode, with the 3rd in normal mode, and thats still a pain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.