Adjacent - means orthogonally and/or diagonally adjacent

Open Area - two or more contiguous empty spaces on the board

Group - A connected unbroken chain of adjacent stones

Object
Form the single largest friendly group of stones

Setup
Board starts out empty

Starting with Black, turns then alternate

Within a straight line of orthogonal or diagonal empty spaces place two friendly stones and then place a ring over one of these two stones

This continues until all 8 rings are on the board

Play

Within a straight line of orthogonal or diagonal empty spaces place two friendly stones, then move a ring onto one of these two stones

Restrictions
You may only move a ring from a friendly stone

The ring you choose to move and the stone the ring is to be placed over must be within or adjacent to the same open area

Clarifications
The two stones placed on a single turn must not have any other stones between them

A ring can only be moved through an open area that it is adjacent to

A ring that is not adjacent to an open area cannot be moved

End of Game
The game ends when a player is unable to complete his turn

Note: Thank you Nathan James, for correcting my poorly written rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't read it; just came here to give it a big ol' thumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:

LOL Happy New Year!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HU MAN BIN
Canada
flag msg tools
molnar wrote:

I did not read it too.
I know for sure that it is a crappy game.
I wish to thumb it down 100000000000000000000 times but it is not possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I wish to thumb it down 100000000000000000000 times but it is not possible.

You can simply point one of your thumbs down and hold till infinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be some confusion as to what an Amazon is. Pieces may not be stacked more than two high? So, an Amazon is a single piece, that becomes an Amazon when it is placed onto another piece.

"When there are six Amazons on the board," meaning six double pieces, in total, on the board . . . from there, I have no idea what is meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, an Amazon is a single piece, that becomes an Amazon when it is placed onto another piece.

Yes this is correct

Quote:
"When there are six Amazons on the board," meaning six double pieces, in total, on the board

Three friendly and Three enemy.

Quote:

from there, I have no idea what is meant.

Once all six Amazons are on the board you then place 2 pieces of your color following the placement rules, then you move the top piece from one of your Amazons on the board onto one of the 2 pieces you've just played creating a new Amazon at a different location. There should always be no more than 6 Amazons on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. That explanation helps. Next confusion:

"Land - a group of two or more adjacent empty spaces" -- this seems to mean: empty spaces on the second level of the two friendly pieces just placed.

I would suggest not using the word Land, as it seems to refer to the level of the board itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrocWrestler wrote:
Ok. That explanation helps. Next confusion:

"Land - a group of two or more adjacent empty spaces" -- this seems to mean: empty spaces on the second level of the two friendly pieces just placed.

I would suggest not using the word Land, as it seems to refer to the level of the board itself.

Open Area, perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that you've edited the original post. No, "open area" doesn't create an unmistakable image of what is being referred to. A graphic is needed, and that might help to change how the instruction is phrased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrocWrestler wrote:
I see that you've edited the original post. No, "open area" doesn't create an unmistakable image of what is being referred to. A graphic is needed, and that might help to change how the instruction is phrased.

Ok I hope this helps, the Green spaces are Open Areas

Whites Amazon in the top left figure is trapped and cannot be moved since it is not Adjacent to an Open Area

In the top right figure, White has illegally played her to pieces into an area that her Amazon is not adjacent to

The rest of the figures are just some examples of Open Areas where White may place her 2 pieces and move her Amazon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
< Turns alternate, starting with Black she places two friendly pieces within a straight line of empty adjacent spaces, she then moves an Amazon. >

You have defined "open area" as the level of the board itself. I'm assuming that "A" in a circle is the top piece of a pair of friendly pieces on one square.

At least one of the two friendly pieces must be placed adjacent to a friendly Amazon. Correct? And that's a new understanding on my part. I thought that both friendly pieces had to be placed adjacent to a friendly Amazon.

In the top right figure, 2 white pieces aren't adjacent to each other. Would that be a legal placement, if they were adjacent to a friendly Amazon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At least one of the two friendly pieces must be placed adjacent to a friendly Amazon. Correct? And that's a new understanding on my part. I thought that both friendly pieces had to be placed adjacent to a friendly Amazon.

No, the two pieces need not be adjacent to an Amazon but they must be within the same Open Area.

Quote:
In the top right figure, 2 white pieces aren't adjacent to each other. Would that be a legal placement, if they were adjacent to a friendly Amazon?

If the two pieces were placed exactly as they are in the fourth row, this would constitute a legal placement since in this example both are within the same Open Area as the White Amazon

I think the problem here is that you need to think of the empty spaces as connected and that the 2 pieces played in your color must be within an area that has an Amazon in your color. They need not be adjacent to each other but they must be within the same Open Area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't have gotten that in a million years. If 2 game pieces are separated from each other by one or more squares, then they are not adjacent to each other. And moving an Amazon to one of the 2 pieces placed on a non-adjacent square, needs to be explained some other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrocWrestler wrote:
I wouldn't have gotten that in a million years. If 2 game pieces are separated from each other by one or more squares, then they are not adjacent to each other. And moving an Amazon to one of the 2 pieces placed on a non-adjacent square, needs to be explained some other way.

Themiscyra
By Rey Alicea

A territorial game for 2 players, Black and White

Materials
10x10 board
a supply of black and white stones
8 neutral rings

Definitions
Adjacent - means orthogonally and/or diagonally adjacent

Open Area - two or more contiguous empty spaces on the board

Group - A connected unbroken chain of adjacent stones

Object
Form the single largest friendly group of stones

Setup
Board starts out empty

Within a straight line of orthogonal or diagonal empty spaces place two friendly stones and then place a ring over one of these two stones

This continues until all 8 rings are on the board

Play

Within a straight line of orthogonal or diagonal empty spaces place two friendly stones, then move a ring onto one of these two stones

Restrictions
You may only move a ring from a friendly stone

The ring you choose to move and the stone the ring is to be placed over must be adjacent to the same open area

Clarifications
The two stones placed on a single turn must not have any other stones between them

A ring can only be moved through an open area that it is adjacent to

A ring that is not adjacent to an open area cannot be moved

End of Game
The game ends when a player is unable to complete his turn

Note: Thank you Nathan James, for correcting my poorly written rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add, under Restrictions:

The ring you choose to move and the stone the ring is to be placed over must be within or adjacent to the same open area.

Could you shed some light on how this game idea evolved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I would add, under Restrictions:

The ring you choose to move and the stone the ring is to be placed over must be within or adjacent to the same open area

Thank you, I've edited the rules.

Quote:
Could you shed some light on how this game idea evolved?

Absolutely, since I first played Amazons I've been obsessed with the idea that the game could be played by placement alone, that is to say no Queens Move.

Themiscyra is as close as I could get to my original goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Stephen Tavener you can play the game here http://mrraow.com/index.php/aiai-home/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I have a question about the definition of an open area, which I posted there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Freerksen
United States
River Forest
Illinois [IL]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the name. I so would buy this game in a heart beat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.