GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Sniggle!» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Not a Bad Gotcha-Type Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got around to trying Bumper cars last night, and while it is definitely better than just roll and move, it's very similar to many other okay games.

Gameplay: Essentially you roll two dice, split the movement between 2 of your 4 cars and "race" to the top to your designated parking space. Along the way, if you land on another car, you send them back to their start. Instead of having blocking as an interesting feature, ala Parchisi, certain squares are colored, and you are safe on your color squares from being sent home.

Parts:
The cars are pleasingly cartoony shaped plastic. Board is simple, but attractive.

Deep Analysis: Not a lot more to this one, but it's simple and quick, with some satisfying "gotcha" moments. There's some strategy, a good dose of luck, and would be a good choice to play with kids 8-10 years old. Two other adults and I enjoyed our play, but as I'm thinning out games, it'll be going away.

Plays Like: It reminded me of Polar Dare, which has much cooler mechanics/pieces (though there are more gotcha moments in this game), and as I said all the Parchisi-type games. However, I'm still keeping Polar Dare. This one goes back to Vinnies.

Rating: 6, not bad, but nothing that I need to keep around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.