Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a couple of questions:

Rigging
I assume the spirit of rigging in the game is to move from ship to ship. Sometimes it may be convenient to rig to another location. Is it legal to
1. Rig to the gangplank?
2. Rig to another location on your own ship?

Kraken damage and overboard heros.
If a hero is overboard for some reason and the Kraken is deployed, does the damage still go to an overboard hero (with the highest tide pool) even thought it is not on the board (I think it does).

Related question: does the tentacle crush skill (that has infinite range) also target overboard heroes (again I think it does).

Thank you.

Take care and have a great day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TallDwarf wrote:
Hi, I have a couple of questions:

Rigging
I assume the spirit of rigging in the game is to move from ship to ship. Sometimes it may be convenient to rig to another location. Is it legal to
1. Rig to the gangplank?
2. Rig to another location on your own ship?

Kraken damage and overboard heros.
If a hero is overboard for some reason and the Kraken is deployed, does the damage still go to an overboard hero (with the highest tide pool) even thought it is not on the board (I think it does).

Related question: does the tentacle crush skill (that has infinite range) also target overboard heroes (again I think it does).

Thank you.

1. There is no "spirit of rigging". The rigging rules state you move from 1 ship to another ship- can't land on a gangplank, cant land on same ship.

2. Heroes are always either Deployed, Overboard, or KO'd. Tentacle Crush states it only targets Deployed Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks again Michael, very cool to have the game developer answer the questions so quickly.

You are correct what the rigging rules clearly state, and players sometimes interpret incorrectly. The tentacle crush is also cleared up.

For the deployment of the kraken it states "When the Kraken is deployed, deal 3 damage to all Heroes whose Kraken Pool has the highest". This would then include both deployed and overboard heroes and even KO'd heroes so they would deploy with 3 damage on them?"

Side suggestion: Please consider sharing the file on BGG as searching on a pdf is much more effective than flipping through the rulebook when looking for clarification. I had a question on "pushing" that I cleared up after downloading the rules file from the KS link and others may benefit from the rules as well and reduce questions such as mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.