9 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Luxury manager -- role? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Does he add +10 to all items OR only to burgers and pizza?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
All items of course it is not stated otherwise.

Use with caution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Schwarz
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The luxury manager changes the unit price, and there's only one unit price per chain. (So, in essence, yes, the luxury manager affects drink prices.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARCHIVED. See below for actually correct information.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In case it wasn't clear, discounts work the same way. Your price per item is fixed by your employee structure and whether or not you have the pink first discount milestone.

After this, the only things which affect the per-unit price are the gardens (which are only attached to houses, and if the houses have demand, the sale price will be doubled.)

After this, there are waitresses, and add their cash to a subtotal. Players with the CFO add half of the subtotal to the subtotal and you have the grand total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
In case it wasn't clear, discounts work the same way. Your price per item is fixed by your employee structure and whether or not you have the pink first discount milestone.

After this, the only things which affect the per-unit price are the gardens (which are only attached to houses, and if the houses have demand, the sale price will be doubled.)

After this, there are waitresses, and add their cash to a subtotal. Players with the CFO add half of the subtotal to the subtotal and you have the grand total.

And the First to Market bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't First to Market a flat bonus, not part of the price? So it applies after gardens, and importantly doesn't affect your customers' cheap/lazy optimization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
Isn't First to Market a flat bonus, not part of the price? So it applies after gardens, and importantly doesn't affect your customers' cheap/lazy optimization.

It's not. It seems the problem is that some people are changing definition of unit price partway through their reply.

Pay special attention to the way the term is used on the player menu at dinnertime #2: you'll note that the unit price and bonus are separate items and it is thus not included in the calculation explained at dinnertime #1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted my earlier reply for clarity's sake. OK, so is this right?

1. Prices start at $10.
2. Use Pink Employees to adjust price. (Any combination of -$1, or -$3, or +$10, though only up to one +$10 employee)
3. Determine which player sells to which house, comparing price, distance, and number of Waitresses. Turn order is the tiebreaker.
4. Double sales from houses with gardens.
5. Add per-Waitress bonus (Purple employee); Add Marketing Bonuses per matching item (Blue milestones).
6. If applicable, use CFO ability to give yourself half again. (Purple employee. Also, it's a milestone for First to $100.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Deleted my earlier reply for clarity's sake. OK, so is this right?

1. Prices start at $10.
2. Use Pink Employees to adjust price. (Any combination of -$1, or -$3, or +$10, though only up to one +$10 employee)
3. Determine which player sells to which house, comparing price, distance, and number of Waitresses.
4. Double sales from houses with gardens.
5. Add per-Waitress bonus (Purple employee); Add Marketing Bonuses per matching item (Blue milestones).
6. If applicable, use CFO ability to give yourself half again. (Purple employee. Also, it's a milestone for First to $100.)

That's it.

The last time I played I just took each thing I sold while counting one extra if the house had a garden and then multiplied it by my unit price then looking at my hand and adding 5$ for every item that I marketed first. Then added the waitresses and CFO bonus, if applicable.

This technique may help people better visualize what just happened since everyone will have their pile of sales in front of them and calling out their totals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.