9 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo - dummy player and his retained mana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Saunders
msg tools
Hi all,

Just wanted to check, lets say my dummy player starts off with one white and two red mana in his inventory - do they stay there the whole game ?

I believe they do, as cant find anything in the rules that says otherwise and watching play throughs shows the same, but ive found when i then start adding mana at the start of new rounds (generated by the discarded spell card) my DP can end up with a lot of mana and his (or are they a she) cards can suddenly go very fast.

Just wanted to check i had it all correct

Thanks

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's all correct. Mana isn't removed, and the dummy player can be both unpredictable and quick.

You can try to influence the dummy player by giving him cards of a color he doesn't have mana of, and giving him mana of colors he doesn't have as many cards of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, and they gradually increase as per rules, hastening the end of rounds.

You can automate the dummy hand by downloading a free app for ios or android, which saves table space and time. Just do a search for Mage Knight in the app stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the mana stay on the dummy player during the whole game.
At the end of each day/night you add one mana by the discarded spell card.

In the Solo Conquest scenario you therefore end up at the beginning of the third night with
3 mana to start off
+ 1 for first day
+ 1 for first night
+ 1 for second day
+ 1 for second night
+ 1 for third day
= 8 mana

on the dummy player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Saunders
msg tools
Thanks everyone for the quick relies - I can get back to starting the game now !

Cheers :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin van Oosterom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the rule for a maximum of three crystals from the same color also counts for the dummy player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJevo65 wrote:
Does the rule for a maximum of three crystals from the same color also counts for the dummy player?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
You can automate the dummy hand by downloading a free app for ios or android, which saves table space and time. Just do a search for Mage Knight in the app stores.

+1. The app is saving me so much trouble and space. Just note that you still have to understand the dummy rules to properly use the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DJevo65 wrote:

The dummy player isn't actually using mana; the crystals are there to determine how many extra cards are drawn during the dummy player's turn. So the dummy player isn't really a player and mana rules do not apply to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.