United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, are we doing this correctly? (Leader Station, Captain, foot-hold, and Neutornium mining rules)

1) Player A places a Crewmember on the Leader Station. Player A immediately takes the Leader Board, and 1 Neutornium.
2) Player B then places a Crewmember on the Delegate Station, then places another of their Crewmembers on the Leader Station. Player B then immediately takes the Leader Board from Player A, and 1 Neutornium.
3) Player C then places their Captain on the Leader Station. Player C then immediately takes the Leader Board, and gains 2 Neutronium.
4) Player A then places another Crewmember (or Captain) on the Leader Station (as they have a foot-hold on the station), they then immediately take back the Leader Board, and gains another 1 (or 2) Neutronium.
5) Player B could take back the Leader Station, but decides to finally pass.
6) Player C places another Crewmember on the Leader Board, as they now have a foot-hold, and gains another 1 Neutornium.
7) Player A then places another Crewmember (or Captain) on the Leader Station, they then immediately take back the Leader Board, and gains another 1 (or 2) Neutronium.
8) Player C could take back the Leader Station, but decides to finally pass.

Are all of these legitimate placements?

and finally...

9) Player A still has the Leader Board, but Player A wants additional Neutornium, and places another Crewmember (or Captain) on the space, even though they already have the Leader Board, just to gain 1 (or 2) additional Neutornium.

Is this legit? Meaning could this step be used a method to mine Neutornium for the Therion Marauders? Or mine for Neutornium rerolls in the current player's turn as the normal "Free Neutornium" (on failed mining) is gifted at the end of the player's turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting scenario. My first thought was "why would you want to do that?" but I checked with Ace and Ian about that type of situation and Ace has actually seen something similar happen when players are trying to hoard Neutronium. That said, the are only six Neutronium resources so if players are taking that many, they get depleted fast. Neutronium is renewable, but there wouldn't be a chance so use it and return it until the next round.

That said, there is one flaw in this scenario: Player C would not be able to place their Captain on the Leader Station because they don't already have a crew member there. In a previous thread, it was indicated that the Captain has a built in "delegate" ability, but that is incorrect. It was not originally intended to have that function, but there is a section in the rules that is in error. This has since been corrected in the FAQ:

Quote:
7. Do Captains have the Delegate power automatically?
No, They do, however, prevent other players from using Delegate to assign their crewmembers to your Captain's location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
meskue wrote:
That said, there is one flaw in this scenario: Player C would not be able to place their Captain on the Leader Station because they don't already have a crew member there. In a previous thread, it was indicated that the Captain has a built in "delegate" ability, but that is incorrect. It was not originally intended to have that function, but there is a section in the rules that is in error. This has since been corrected in the FAQ:

Oh wow, so Captains cannot go where other players "Crewmembers" are, by default, without using the Delegate station? I completely overlooked that clarification in the FAQ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:

Oh wow, so Captains cannot go where other players "Crewmembers" are, by default, without using the Delegate station? I completely overlooked that clarification in the FAQ!

Correct, sorry for the confusion. It makes for an interesting variant, but the official rule is that they don't have special Delegate powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
meskue wrote:

I am just as amazed and I have been trying to figure out the rules to this game for quite some time now. Wow. Gonna have to look over this FAQ in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.