Eishwin Grimnar
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

Last night we played the finale (encounter I) of Chains that rust.
The overlord gets to use zombies with special rules for them.

"As an action, while adjacent to the ritual site and adjacent to a monster carrying a captive, Zarihell or the master flesh moulder may transform the captive. Each time this happens, discard the villager token and place 1 minion zombie in a space adjacent to the ritual site, ignoring group limits.
Zombies cannot suffer damage, be defeated, or receive conditions."

The overlord wanted to play "Reinforce"(overlord, 3xp card).

The discussion arose around the point whether or not he could use that card since the zombies could only be placed via a special rule.
I can't find an official ruling on this.

I'd appreciate your views on this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
Rules (and card) as written, there does not appear to be anything that would prevent Reinforce from being used.

However, Reinforce received errata so that it requires a Master monster to be on the map and it appears that the overlord is not able to place Master zombies.

FAQ/Errata wrote:
Reinforce: The card should read, “Play this card at the end of your turn and choose a master monster on the map. Place minion monsters of that monster’s group in empty spaces adjacent to that monster, up to the group limit. These monsters may not be placed within 3 spaces of any hero, but may otherwise be placed in any empty space.”

Reinard is correct, as usual, but the final conclusion should thus be: no, the overlord cannot use reinforce in this specific case as there is no master zombie on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eishwin Grimnar
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses. We missed the bit about the master minion.
As a result I finally printed out FAQ 1.6 as well. =)

Topic can be closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.