9 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Games like D-day Omaha beach ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Been playing this game and I love the complexity, looking at charts, card driven etc.. So I was wondering , any solo game like this ? It's so cool to play!
Also happy new year :0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COIN series? It has similar complexity and card driven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
SOLITAIRE
badge
WARGAMER
mbmbmbmbmb
Patton's Best
B-17: Queen of the Skies
Target for Today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enemy Action: Ardennes
D-Day at Tarawa
D-Day at Peleliu
Ambush!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raid on St. Nazaire - not card driven but a similar level of complexity and has a similar feel in terms of an unfolding narrative.

RAF: The Battle of Britain 1940 - card driven and by the same designer as D-Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navajo Wars and Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic

Also, you may want to try:
Downtown: Air War Over Hanoi, 1965-1972
Many folks have reported that while it is a two player game, it works well solitaire.

Edit: Enemy Coast Ahead: The Dambuster Raid definitely qualifies. Go blow up some dams!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A Glorious Chance: The Naval Struggle for Lake Ontario, 1813

I'm the designer of this card-assisted operational naval game in the War of 1812. Butterfield's card system for RAF inspired some of the mechanisms you'll find in it, particularly the Target Cards that generate the AI's missions.

Also, I very much admired and tried to emulate his approach to designing games with a dynamic AI opponent. The AI is not just a "bot" that takes the place of a human opponent and simply moves pieces around on the board in your view. Instead, it creates a major fog-of-war element where you may not know where the enemy is, in what strength, or what he's trying to do until he pops up someplace and you're faced with a combat situation.

AGC is up for preorders now at Legion Wargames. Their CPO system requires no payment up front, so there's no harm in placing a CPO and helping get the game to the publication stage (we only need 67 more CPOs now to make the cut).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heenan
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw out two suggestions to the already great ones listed here:

Don't Tread On Me: The American Revolution Solitaire Board Game
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition) with Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion

I just got DTOM and am enjoying it quite a bit. And CoH is a wonderful system for either F2F or solo with the expansion. The solo system was also designed by Butterfield, who designed the D-Day series of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.