Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy H
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played the game a few times over the weekend and was just wondering If someone had a good system for randomizing which workers you end up using in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
In my family, we do this:

Make a deck of workers using a variety of them, with the total number matching the amount the game says to include.

Make a river of cards to buy from, similar to the visitors. Usually the number of players +1.

At the end of each round, refill the river, discarding the oldest unpurchased worker before you refill.

Shuffle and recycle discarded workers if you run out. (Note - only recycle unpurchased workers. This is different than workers like the lazy peon who were removed from the game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

Make a deck of workers using a variety of them, with the total number matching the amount the game says to include.

Make a river of cards to buy from, similar to the visitors. Usually the number of players +1.

At the end of each round, refill the river, discarding the oldest unpurchased worker before you refill.

Shuffle and recycle discarded workers if you run out. (Note - only recycle unpurchased workers. This is different than workers like the lazy peon who were removed from the game.)

We use something similar, except we make a deck of all workers excluding the Day Workers. We then have for training each round a day worker, plus a number of workers equal to the number of players (drawn from the top of the shuffled worker deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

sounds like a fun variant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I separate out one of each of the workers and make a randomizer pile from them. For each game I shuffle and draw the appropriate number of workers from this randomizer pile and add in the rest of the matching workers from the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.