Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Latshaw
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules say that once placed on the home board (or other boards) the tile or resource cant be removed but can they be rearranged at a later point in the game if a more optimal positioning can be made?

In other words is the tile and/or resource locked into place once put on the board? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabgfan wrote:
The rules say that once placed on the home board (or other boards) the tile or resource cant be removed but can they be rearranged at a later point in the game if a more optimal positioning can be made?

In other words is the tile and/or resource locked into place once put on the board? Thanks!

Tiles are locked into position once placed on any board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're definitely locked into place, but I would allow a slight bit of flexibility here.

If you're just trying to spatially map things out and pre-plan, you can put the pieces tentatively on your board(s) as you acquire them, but I would allow you to do one final rearrangement - of goods acquired this turn only - just before the Income Phase of the turn, which is when they matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The best way to prevent accidental cheating is to let players puzzle it out with new pieces as long as they remember which ones are new, but lock everything in once the round ends.

The next round, they can do the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
The best way to prevent accidental cheating is to let players puzzle it out with new pieces as long as they remember which ones are new, but lock everything in once the round ends.

The next round, they can do the same thing.

This is also how we do it when I play my copy of this game. Also we allow players to put items up at the feast table before the Feast phase in order to "make sure" they have things set aside for feeding. But they don't have to actually discard the goods until the 'Feasting' phase comes up -- so if they want to make changes before then, it's also fine by us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. I don't see a problem with moving tiles around as much and as often as you want. The only stipulation for me is that once you claim income/goods from a tile placement then you cannot move those tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.