Michael R
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Virus hunt card shows the Artemia symbol and has the text:

Quote:
Target 2 adjacent places. Apply the effects of the Artemia token on both places.

In our game, the creature player placed the token so that it touched two adjacent place cards (1 and 2). In the next phase, a hunted player played the Hologram survival card. This card says:

Quote:
Move the Artemia token to an adjacent place.

We made a quick ruling that the Artemia token could be moved to an adjacent intersection between cards so that it still affected two places i.e. in this case, between 6 and 7 or between 2 and 3.

How could or should the token have been moved? Was our movement of the token to between 6 and 7 correct? Could it have been moved to between 1 and 6 or 2 and 7? Should the token have been moved to a location adjacent to 1 or 2 (in this case, 1, 2, 3, 6 or 7)? Should it have been unmovable? Should it be considered to be two copies of the Artemia token after the Virus card? In the latter case, could one token be moved to the same place as the other token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Luong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
My interpretation:

The Artemia token was placed adjacent to 1 and 2.

You now move the token to an adjacent place. That means you move it onto 1 or 2, so that it now only affects one place instead of both.

Edit:

I'm reading through other rules questions threads now and found this answer:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23907494#23907494

Not sure how official, but Fred seems to be answering most of the rules questions so maybe he is the publisher?

Anyway, his answer is that you move it to ONE location adjacent to either of the targeted locations. So if it was placed between 1 and 2, you could then move it to 6, 7 or 3.

Edit 2:

After reading more posts, yes, Fred seems to at least be involved in the development of the game. I'm glad their team is active in answering questions here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That does look like an official ruling on this case.

Quote:
First the hunt card, the 'Virus'. This is a phase 2 card so it's played first as consequences you place the Artemia token on 2 places.

Then the survival card, the 'Hologram'. This is a phase 3 card so it's payed whenever you want during phase 3 (after phase 2). In this case you move the Artemia token after revealing your place cards and before applying the Hunt tokens' effects.

Last the effect of the 'Hologram': 'to an adjacent place card' means to 1 adjacent place card. Let's take an example. The Artemia token was on the Jungle (place 2) and the River (Place 3). Adjacent is horizontal and vertical so you can move the Artemia token onto the Lair (place 1), the Shelter (place 7), the Shipwreck (place 8) or the Beach (place 4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi guys !

First we wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Right, Fred and me are two of the three guys from GEEK ATTITUDE GAMES !
We do our best to be active on Bgg !

We are also the designers of "Essen The Game" and i'm the designer of "Bruxelles 1893" (published by Pearl Games in 2013).

Thank you to you all to play our games guy ! We hope you enjoy !

Plese keep following us in 2017. Goods things are coming ! ;-)

Regards,

Etienne

P.S : Yes, that's it : "if it was placed between 1 and 2, you could then move it to 6, 7 or 3".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.