Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is only one white hex social city tile. If you build Ganymede Colony or Phobos Station, can you also build the other? Or does the one tile mean you can only build one but not the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Vahlenkamp
Germany
Huerth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The white City-tile is used by the card "capital city".
Use a normal grey city-tile for both Ganymed Colony and Phobos Station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You use regular city tiles to build the off Mars cities. And you may build both. The white special tile is used only with the Capital card, so you'll know to count the bonus ocean points for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why would you need a special token for the capital city? It doesn't have any special effect really, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vergililus De Kat
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capital city gets 1 VP for every ocean as well as for each greenery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vergilius wrote:
Capital city gets 1 VP for every ocean as well as for each greenery

To clarify, The Capital City grants 1 VP per "adjacent" ocean tile at game end in addition to the normal 1 VP per adjacent greenery at game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capital city =/= Noctis city
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all.

The rules are not well organized. It seems that important details are scattered around the book. We ALMOST didn't play because the rules were so scattered and borderline incomprehensible. That's after watching the 18min tutorial video too.

Ultimately we slogged through and loved the game. It was worth it but wow....not always easy to figure out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbrundin wrote:
We ALMOST didn't play because the rules were so scattered and borderline incomprehensible.

They weren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kranak
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, so I can only assume that others are confused by it as well.

In any case, Noctis City is not Capital City. Each of those cities has their own card that allows you to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
Fluxx wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, so I can only assume that others are confused by it as well.

In any case, Noctis City is not Capital City. Each of those cities has their own card that allows you to play them.

It's a common, or at least a recurring problem, that people mistakenly use the white tile for Noctis city. His comment refers to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Dbrundin wrote:
We ALMOST didn't play because the rules were so scattered and borderline incomprehensible.

They weren't.

They could have been better organized, but they are not as bad as you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I-Sheng Yang
msg tools
newsaidin wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
Dbrundin wrote:

They weren't.

They could have been better organized, but they are not as bad as you describe.

Well, I have to say, the rules is top 3 among hundreds of games I know.
It is written with a clear flow of logic, that is on par with a good scientific paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hijacking this thread

Regarding special tiles an locations, I had a different question and could not find a clear answer (at least in the German version of the rules).

The special tiles have a square on them to mark ownership - do they count against the victory condition "most tiles on Mars"?
What about the two cities on Phobos and Ganymed? Some card differentiate between "cities on Mars" and "cities in play", so I assume the moons are not "on Mars" and would not count for the above victory condition.

What about the special goal "own three cities"? Do the cities in the two moons count for that?

Can anyone cite a passage in the rules that clarifies that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all tiles with your cube count for Landlord award (p.11 1st column) which is given for tiles in play, not just on Mars.

Some cards (particularly Tharsis corp.) do make a distinction between "in play" and "ON MARS", I've noticed that careful wording is emphasised with capitals in some cases. I can't really site a reference for this one, closest would be the exception rule about the asterisk * (p.10 3rd paragraph).

Yes, moon cities count for Mayor milestone (top p.11) "own at least 3 city tiles." No other qualifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is at least one company (Think Tharsis), that gives you bonusses for cities only "on mars" (therefore not Ganymed and Phobos) and some for every city built Including these moons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landlord:Owning the most tiles in play.
So yes, the space cities do count for this award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.