Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When played as a part of Night of the Zealot campaign, does Rougarou still use the difficulty established in the Zealot?

I'm 99% sure the answer to this is "yes," but I initially misread the card included in the POD and remade the configuration based on the updated "standard."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
When played as a part of Night of the Zealot campaign, does Rougarou still use the difficulty established in the Zealot?

I'm 99% sure the answer to this is "yes," but I initially misread the card included in the POD and remade the configuration based on the updated "standard."

Yeah, if you play it as part of a campaign, you keep the same chaos bag from your campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Priddy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As this was built for showing at conventions & not a way to spoil the campaign in the core box it has some slight changes. One is that there are only two difficulty modes & it uses a lot more of the tokens though there's nothing saying that you can't play with the easier difficulties & just make sure that an even number of the special tokens are put in (it uses 4 of the special tokens).

When you get this, one of the cards shows the difficulty layout (just average or hard) I do recall that the average uses something like 2 or 3 of each & the highest is +1 & lowest is -5. Very punishing so I think after playing it once last night I'll try it with the zealot difficulty to just see the story unfold & then ramp up the difficulty after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fox01313 wrote:
As this was built for showing at conventions & not a way to spoil the campaign in the core box it has some slight changes. One is that there are only two difficulty modes & it uses a lot more of the tokens though there's nothing saying that you can't play with the easier difficulties & just make sure that an even number of the special tokens are put in (it uses 4 of the special tokens).

When you get this, one of the cards shows the difficulty layout (just average or hard) I do recall that the average uses something like 2 or 3 of each & the highest is +1 & lowest is -5. Very punishing so I think after playing it once last night I'll try it with the zealot difficulty to just see the story unfold & then ramp up the difficulty after that.

Yeah, it would be a nightmare on the standard stand alone difficulty. That said, I was a bit sad to reset it back to Zealot difficulty after realizing my mistake (Heh, but I shouldn't have been -- we were murdered pretty quickly when everything was said and done).

After Matt's comment I noticed the answer to my question was on the flip side of the card I had been obsessing over. *slaps forehead*

Silly me..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.