2 Posts

Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Rule Clarification/Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Scott
Canada
flag msg tools
Played the Gears of War boardgame for the first time, with some friends. Had a bunch of fun but we were stuck on a couple rules that I couldn't find answers for in the book. I was hoping someone could help me out please!

1. Is there a limit to how many players I can res in one turn (assuming I have the cards to do it)? If I CAN res multiple players, can I res someone, resolve an order card and then res someone else? Or does all the res'ing have to happen at once?

2. Does discarding my last card kill me if I wasn't shot at? Like say I discard my last card to res someone or pickup a weapon or something. Does that kill me?

Playing again in a few hours so hopefully someone is out there who can answer!

THANKS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffWScott wrote:
Played the Gears of War boardgame for the first time, with some friends. Had a bunch of fun but we were stuck on a couple rules that I couldn't find answers for in the book. I was hoping someone could help me out please!

1. Is there a limit to how many players I can res in one turn (assuming I have the cards to do it)? If I CAN res multiple players, can I res someone, resolve an order card and then res someone else? Or does all the res'ing have to happen at once?

2. Does discarding my last card kill me if I wasn't shot at? Like say I discard my last card to res someone or pickup a weapon or something. Does that kill me?

Playing again in a few hours so hopefully someone is out there who can answer!

THANKS!

1. Revive is a Special action and can only be done once per turn by the active player (see second paragraph on page 10 under Special Actions).

2. No. You only start to bleed out if you take a wound and have zero cards to discard. See Bleeding Out on page 21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.