Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sally Denning
United Kingdom
EXETER
Non-US/Other
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, I'm new to this site, and I'm looking for some people in the UK (preferably the Devon region) to meet up and play games with (I'm not fussy on which ones). I've looked around the usual way i.e Facebook and can't seem to find any anywhere. So if anyone has any ideas on where to find groups on this site I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple tools on this site that might help you out.

First, the regional forums. Hover over "Forums" at the top of the page, then click on "Forums." If you scroll down the listing, you'll come to a bunch of regional game group forums, including ones for England, Wales, Scotland, etc. You might find a thread already started with people talking about gaming in your area, or you might start your own thread and get in touch that way.

Second, the "find gamers" function. Hover over "Misc" at the top of the page. Click "Find Users" and you'll get a menu of options. The "Find Gamers" page allows you to search within X miles of your postal code. You can also try "Find Gamers w/ Google Maps." Either way, you'll get a list of gamers near you, and you can then send internal email (called GeekMail on this site) by clicking the little envelope icon below a person's name. If you click on a person's user name, you'll be taken to some pages with information about them, which can be helpful in discovering whether a person is currently active on the site, what sorts of games they like, etc.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sally Denning
United Kingdom
EXETER
Non-US/Other
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also some game groups that use BoardGameGeek guilds. Here's the page for guilds located in the UK:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/category/group/United%20...

It looks like a couple are in Devon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also game groups listed on this wiki page:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
drunkenpyrate wrote:
Hi, I'm new to this site, and I'm looking for some people in the UK (preferably the Devon region) to meet up and play games with (I'm not fussy on which ones). I've looked around the usual way i.e Facebook and can't seem to find any anywhere. So if anyone has any ideas on where to find groups on this site I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Not everyone is a BGG user, so also check out meetups.com
If this link works, it will show groups meeting within 50 miles of Devon:
https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetups=false&keywords=board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often see game group postings on boards in comic book and gaming stores. Your friendly local gaming store might even have a game night. While many stores support CCGs on multiple nights they often have at least one night open for boardgaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.