Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Convergence question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I roll Iraq, which is Good (And thus not a valid target). 5 countries are adjacent to Iraq :

Jordan (Viable target)
Syria (Viable target)
Iran (At its initial state of the Awakening scenario)
Gulf States (Good)
Saudi Arabia (Viable target)

I now need to try and select an adjacent country. Do I roll 1 to 5, rerolling a 6, check to see if it's a valid target and if not, select a brand new country through the random Shia-Mix Muslim countries table? Or do I roll a d3 since I only have 3 adjacent viable targets?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... Rule 11.1.8 says:
Quote:
place the marker in a country adjacent to the one rolled (determine randomly if more than one choice).


So, I would follow Rule 9.5, i.e., assign a number (ok, a range in this case) to each candidate and roll a die.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
I now need to try and select an adjacent country. Do I roll 1 to 5, rerolling a 6, check to see if it's a valid target and if not, select a brand new country through the random Shia-Mix table? Or do I roll a d3 since I only have 3 adjacent viable targets?

EV is right as you should choose from those targets randomly. However, I hope you're not choosing countries for Convergence from the Shia-Mix table, since the rules say to use the Random Muslim Countries table.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:
Marcon wrote:
I now need to try and select an adjacent country. Do I roll 1 to 5, rerolling a 6, check to see if it's a valid target and if not, select a brand new country through the random Shia-Mix table? Or do I roll a d3 since I only have 3 adjacent viable targets?

EV is right as you should choose from those targets randomly. However, I hope you're not choosing countries for Convergence from the Shia-Mix table, since the rules say to use the Random Muslim Countries table.


Yes, I use the random Muslim countries table, I edited my post. What confuses me is that sentence in 11.1.8 :

"If still unable to place the marker..."

Does that mean :

I'm unable to place the marker at all because all adjacent countries are not viable targets (For example, you roll Indonesia while Pakistan is Good or Islamist Rule) OR

I'm unable to place the marker in the random adjacent country I rolled and thus have to start over?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Turbine2k5 wrote:
Marcon wrote:
I now need to try and select an adjacent country. Do I roll 1 to 5, rerolling a 6, check to see if it's a valid target and if not, select a brand new country through the random Shia-Mix table? Or do I roll a d3 since I only have 3 adjacent viable targets?

EV is right as you should choose from those targets randomly. However, I hope you're not choosing countries for Convergence from the Shia-Mix table, since the rules say to use the Random Muslim Countries table.


Yes, I use the random Muslim countries table, I edited my post. What confuses me is that sentence in 11.1.8 :

"If still unable to place the marker..."

Does that mean :

I'm unable to place the marker at all because all adjacent countries are not viable targets (For example, you roll Indonesia while Pakistan is Good or Islamist Rule) OR

I'm unable to place the marker in the random adjacent country I rolled and thus have to start over?

The first one. If you roll and the country selected can't gain the Awakening/Reaction marker, you check the adjacent countries to see if they can (and roll randomly if multiple choices.) If none of those can gain the marker, you start over and roll for a random country.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.