Subject: Recomendations for organising the tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any tips for being able to quickly find the next tile to place? I fear that shuffling through the double-sided boards could kill the flow and immersion when showing this to others for the first time, especially if you have the expansion boards in there too. Is there a set order or grouping by frequency I should use to speed up the process? Any other organisation tips to keep things flowing smoothly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Anyone have any tips for being able to quickly find the next tile to place? I fear that shuffling through the double-sided boards could kill the flow and immersion when showing this to others for the first time, especially if you have the expansion boards in there too. Is there a set order or grouping by frequency I should use to speed up the process? Any other organisation tips to keep things flowing smoothly?

I haven't found it to be too much of an issue. I keep all the tiles sorted by Expansion (noted on the symbol next to the name of the room). Usually while one person is reading the description of the room in the app, other people are looking for the correct tiles. It's a pretty small stack if you have them sorted, since the app will tell you which set the tile is from.

Hasn't really been a problem yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BreadRising wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

I haven't found it to be too much of an issue. I keep all the tiles sorted by Expansion (noted on the symbol next to the name of the room). Usually while one person is reading the description of the room in the app, other people are looking for the correct tiles. It's a pretty small stack if you have them sorted, since the app will tell you which set the tile is from.

Hasn't really been a problem yet.

I haven't got around to it yet, but I was thinking of colouring the sides of the tiles with different colour sharpies to denote sets in the hope it makes sorting them into sets easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how sorting would materially help. When the app tells you to lay a tile, it just says "lay the study" or something like that. It doesn't say "lay the study from the Recurring Nightmares expansion", so you would be fishing for the right tile no matter what.

In my experience, like others have mentioned here, it hasn't been an issue even when it's taken us longer than we would like to find the right tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
I don't see how sorting would materially help. When the app tells you to lay a tile, it just says "lay the study" or something like that. It doesn't say "lay the study from the Recurring Nightmares expansion", so you would be fishing for the right tile no matter what.

In my experience, like others have mentioned here, it hasn't been an issue even when it's taken us longer than we would like to find the right tile.

Actually, it does. That's what the little icon symbol next to the name represents. So if there's a tentacle, that means it's from the base set. If there's a flask, that means it's from Forbidden Alchemy, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

That's incorrect; the game will say the room and then show a little symbol next to it, denoting which expansion the tile is from:

Tentacle = 2nd Ed core set
Key = 1st Ed core set
Crescent Moon = Call of the Wild
Flask = Forbidden Alchemy

Therefore having your tiles organized will cut down on time immensely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in an accordion file where I have numbered the sections and I have a list of all the rooms in alphabetical order with the number of the section they are in. I got the list from the files section, it was created by another kind user. It takes me only a couple of seconds to look up the name, find the number and pull the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
I have mine in an accordion file where I have numbered the sections and I have a list of all the rooms in alphabetical order with the number of the section they are in. I got the list from the files section, it was created by another kind user. It takes me only a couple of seconds to look up the name, find the number and pull the tile.

This sounds like a good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the file, it is here: https://rpggeek.com/filepage/137577/mansions-madness-tiles
I didn't bother numbering each of the tiles as I only have 2 tiles in each slot so they are easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Siedschlag
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way that I was thinking was to sort them first by expansion and then stacking them in such a way that all the interior locations are facing the same way. If I am hunting for an exterior location, just flip the stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.