Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Napoleon at Waterloo» Forums » Rules

Subject: two more rules differences between Decision version and earlier ones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I once again compared the 1979 Napoleon at Waterloo rules to the ones that came with my recently purchased Decision Games edition. I noticed two more differences:

1) The 1979 rules say that reinforcements cannot enter the map in an enemy occupied or EZOC hex. The new version leaves out the part about EZOC, mentioning only enemy occupied hexagons.

2) The new version says that only one unit may advance per combat, even if multiple hexes were vacated. The 1979 rules do not mention this, which I interpret to mean that if you attack more than one hex and they are vacated, you may advance into all of them if able.

Just thought I'd post these and see if anyone else was aware of any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnus Maximus wrote:
2) The new version says that only one unit may advance per combat, even if multiple hexes were vacated. The 1979 rules do not mention this, which I interpret to mean that if you attack more than one hex and they are vacated, you may advance into all of them if able.

I'm not particularly interested in Decision rules; if they changed a bunch of things I wish they'd split that version off into another folder. The way we played the SPI game, you couldn't have multiple attackers vs. multiple defenders in a single combat, so the scenario you're suggesting doesn't come up. (You could have multiple attackers against a single defender, or a single attacker against multiple defenders, but you couldn't just resolve a line of attackers against a line of defenders in one shot - it had to be broken up into multiple combats.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The DG Living E rules have it back to the 1979 version where EZoC also block the hex. It's that way in the CD version(still don't know how they did that right and not the rule booklet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.