Nick Sparks
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello everyone!

From reading through everything I found online on BGG and AEG website, it looks like there are 15 Gold Mines (Commodity Locations) in the first expansion ("All That Glitters") and then another 12 Gold Mines in this expansion.

The other Harvest Resource locations (Lumber Mill, Quarry, Mine) only have 15 cards each from the base game.

My question is, do you use all 27 Gold Mines when playing with multiple expansions? Or do you limit the number of cards? I know the gold tokens are a limited resource, but how about these Gold Mines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use all of them.

However, to be honest, I don't think it really matters - it would be quite rare to run out of Mines even if you use the ones in a single expansion. It would require all 4 players going for gold (something that rarely happens and if it does it means someone is playing wrong) and all of them having built at least 3 Goldmines (which also rarely happens - if you build them correctly and find a good combo to make use of them, 3 are probably enough - 4 at most. More than that it's overkill)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.