Subject: Beer references removed in revised edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter L.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have the brewery and master brewer cards been removed in the revised edition? I'm still pretty new to the game (just learned the rules on the iPhone version) and I'm not sure if the beer-related cards are even very good, but I liked the theme of making a village brewery. It was a little disappointing to not find them in the new version.

Could they be added in a later revised expansion? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this was covered in an earlier post and I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Belgium Deck features several beer cards, from memory.

IIRC, one of them offers quite a few Bonus Points in exchange for doing nothing in a few rounds....

If indeed the beer has been bowdlerised out of the new edition, perhaps that's because the original design came out of a European culture, but now the biggest single market for the game lies elsewhere, with a different cultural attitude. That single market may not be the majority of consumers, but it is probably critically important to the commercial success of the product. In effect, one culture, even a minority one, may exercise a veto over all others.

Cf : the bowdlerised art work on the box of the France Deck.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expurgation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that these cards aren't part of the standard revised edition because, in general, they were determined to be weak cards that will rarely, if ever, get played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter L.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, I was just worried my set may have been missing some cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have 48 Occupations and 48 Minor Improvements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.