Blueprints» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification: what to do if I can't ligetimately place a die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book says that if you can't legitimately place a die, it is removed from play.
Does this mean that

1. I then draw another die from the bag?

or

2. I'll have to remove the die while I can't have that die, which means I'll have fewer dice in my building at the end?

If it is the first one, then here comes a glitch I just encountered:

Every single die has a number of 5 in my building, so I'll have to get 5s and 6s. Yet I just can't, and had to keep disposing dice and getting new dice. And out of some bad luck, I just can't get the number.

Can anyone explain how this should actually work?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's number 2, if you can't take a die you can use, you pick one and discard it from play. You will indeed have fewer dices in your building.

It has been handled here as well: Unplayable dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has yet to happen in any game of mine. However, I prefer the idea that you DON'T reveal that you can't play it and instead put it behind your screen to one side. As if one player really can't place any dice, then they're already behind. Revealing all the values a player definitely can't use to all other players means that those players have a high chance of being able to deny that player all future dice (although it would be stupid to as this player is already unlikely to score well). So this player is being hurt twice (although I'd also argue it's their own fault to a certain extent). If the discarded dice goes behind their screen, they still don't score well, but at least other players don't know that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.