The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preparing to run my first Return To Hoth campaign and found myself wondering:

Poll: Do Threat Missions get played more often than other Side Missions?
Please answer the following based on your experience playing the Return To Hoth campaign:
Do Threat Missions get played more often than other Side Missions?
Yes, far more often
Yes, but only a little more often
No, about the same
No, but only a little less often
No, far less often
      17 answers
Poll created by bill_andel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I voted Yes, but debated on the "far more often" vs. only a little more. I think it is somewhat conditional or how you want to argue semantics.

Do more side missions get played than threat? Yes. But because there are more opportunities to play them. But I would say almost every time a Threat mission comes up we choose that to clear it. So given a choice between the 2, Threat is far more often selected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One Imperial player never plays Threat missions, feels the Influence is a waste (3 inf is too expensive for him) and the rewards never justify the price. That same player never chooses Threat missions as a Rebel player, since he doesn't care if the Imperial gets an expensive villain to put in his open group.

When this player isn't playing with us, we'll debate the reward. Do we really want to prevent the Imperial from having access to Boba Fett? No? Then we play it. AT-ST? We don't care. So we don't play it.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
One Imperial player never plays Threat missions,

FYI, you are mixing agenda side/forced missions with Threat missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Do more side missions get played than threat? Yes. But because there are more opportunities to play them. But I would say almost every time a Threat mission comes up we choose that to clear it. So given a choice between the 2, Threat is far more often selected.

I agree with this. Threat missions tend to be more of a hindrance to the Rebels so they tend to be placed higher in priority when deciding which side mission to do. They get rid of a negative every mission so they are best taken care of early and they also give a possible reward. Compared to just a reward from normal side missions

Only certain character side missions I could see being more important

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Terrell
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the Hoth campaign I just finished, the Rebel players chose their character side missions over the threat missions at every opportunity. They also chose an agenda side mission over a threat mission when that choice was presented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.