Villages of Valeria» Forums » General

Subject: Castle colors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
Did everyone get a black castle in their game? Should it be blue to match the card?

Just a question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eppst1 wrote:
Did everyone get a black castle in their game? Should it be blue to match the card?

Just a question.

Yes. I had the same combo.

Not sure if the piece was supposed to be blue or not.

It didn't pause a huge issue for us from a game play standpoint - however I would have preferred (were it my choice) using more colors instead of shades of yellow. But I'm assuming that this is better for color blind players with red/green confusion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
You're right, didn't create a game play issue. Just something I noticed and was wondering if others had the same problem.

Thanks for the response - seems I'm not the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi
United States
Sunland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ours was the same. I guess if you look just at the castle on the card, it does look sort of black?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually a very, very dark blue - that does look black in certain lights. The reason we did this is so to make sure the castles were very distinct for color blind folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaiasvallejo42 wrote:
It's actually a very, very dark blue - that does look black in certain lights. The reason we did this is so to make sure the castles were very distinct for color blind folks.

You should have just made it black then (it's my favorite color to play). Game looks fantastic (Just got my copy yesterday). Can't wait to play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed P

Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
isaiasvallejo42 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess Dark Blue is the new Black.....?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.