Subject: Rule question: Hotels and Hubs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text describing the interaction between hotels and hubs is a bit ambiguous, or at least overly terse.

I interpreted it to mean you got a meeple when either the hotel or the hub was built/placed. A friend interpreted it to mean that whenever you were to place a meeple on the hotel, you placed two.

We tried it his way, and it seemed to me to be a bit unbalanced. (Perhaps because he won by a small margin based on a veritable horde of meeples on his hotels countering my advantage in flight cards and hub rewards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I'm sorry about the ambiguity in the rules. A hub gives you one extra guest in your hotel, not one extra guest every time you put a guest into that hotel.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. It's a tricky thing to balance brevity and possible ambiguity and you did a pretty good job in general, there was only this one corner case that could have been better.

Having 1024 (2^10) possible game states makes it tricky anyway. Fortunately, they're mostly independent variables.

The game's a hit at the club, and I foresee it getting plenty of table time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.