Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi al. I've read the FAQ here at BGG plus the KS, and I'm still unsure about the complete number of minis the core game contains.

As far as I know, it contains 8 monsters, and 4 survivors in 5 different sets of at armor. Is that right? So it would be 8+4*5= 28 complete minis.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also read in this board's FAQ that you can choose which weapons the minis can wield, but you can't change them once assembled. Is that right?

Thanks meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters
4 starting minis + 2 other monopose minis
7 x 4 survivor armor sets (+1 full mini worth of extra components without a base (limiting factor of legs, generally)

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

Re: assembly, you can magnetize them, but it's probably not worth it. I recommend the 1st campaign with the generic minis, and then start building loose WYSIWYG based on styles of fighting you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
8 monsters, 33 survivors for starting and 7 armor sets, 2 from intimacy couple, 1 old survivor, 1 young survivor, plus anything that waits to be revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters
7 x 4 survivor armor sets (+1 full mini worth of extra components without a base (limiting factor of legs, generally)

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

Re: assembly, you can magnetize them, but it's probably not worth it. I recommend the 1st campaign with the generic minis, and then start building loose WYSIWYG based on styles of fighting you like.

t3clis wrote:
8 monsters, 33 survivors for starting and 7 armor sets, 2 from intimacy couple, 1 old survivor, 1 young survivor, plus anything that waits to be revealed.

Hmm 6 or 33 survivors...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
Hmm 6 or 33 survivors...

4 starting + (7*4+1)armor=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually wrote the same thing (I shortened everything to the new version because I suppose you won't be able to buy a 1.31 core box).

You wrote you were interested at just the number of miniatures, so I shortened the count, but the total is the same as Nick.

You get:
1 white lion
1 screaming antelope
1 Phoenix
1 butcher
1 King's Man
1 the hand
1 watcher
1 gold smoke knight
4 starting survivors
2 intimacy survivors
1 old survivor
1 young survivor
4 unarmored survivors
4 Rawhide survivors
5 white fur survivors
4 screaming fur survivors
4 leather survivor
4 Phoenix armor survivors
4 lantern armor survivors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Tolchock wrote:
Hmm 6 or 33 survivors...

4 starting + (7*4+1)armor=...
when you write like that I understand it as 4 figures and alot of armor to put on them, which mean I onpy have maximum 4 survivors to play with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
there are 4 generic models. armor is not stuff you literally put on your inch tall models. That would be an incredible engineering feat, besides being very frail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mare Vaporum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

It's worth it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mare_Vaporum wrote:
spiralingcadaver wrote:
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

It's worth it...

I dont think its worth the effort, not just to get them magnetised but to change and alter them everytime you build something.

far better to leave armour kits alone and wait until you realise which combinations you tend to build each time, then just making a survivor to represent each of those.

Game takes ages to play already without adding the swapping about of survivor bits and potentially losing arms etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

IIRC, the white lion kit allowed 5 minis instead of the usual 4. So the numbers for the v1 version would be:

4 starting survivors + 7x4 armor kits + the white lion extra + 2 intimacy couple = 35 survivor minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...Which agrees with everything that's been written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, every reply that gave a number, gave always the same number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mare Vaporum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
Mare_Vaporum wrote:
spiralingcadaver wrote:
(IIRC) 1st edition:
7 monsters

1.5 edition:
2 more monopose
1 more monster
a few unknowns

It's worth it...

I dont think its worth the effort, not just to get them magnetised but to change and alter them everytime you build something.

far better to leave armour kits alone and wait until you realise which combinations you tend to build each time, then just making a survivor to represent each of those.

Game takes ages to play already without adding the swapping about of survivor bits and potentially losing arms etc.

I'm going to assume you haven't done it. I have, and it's amazing. Takes all of 5 minutes to change up your heroes and pose them any way you want. No worry on losing parts if you're careful. The magnets hold them together quite well if done correctly. Sure, it takes some time to accomplish, but it's well worth it. Having premade figures that don't match your gear load out is fine, but always being able to add a new piece to them is delightful.

I even wrote a guide on it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1694918/magnetizing-kingdom...

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have, and wouldn't really recommend it. I've got a couple magnetized survivors, but don't think it's at all worth it for a ton of models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.